What cutting-edge technologies are being developed at MIT's AI lab?

• Thread starter sermatt
  • Start date
In summary, avant-garde is not responding to questions about what he hinted at and may have been killed for it. There is discussion of top secret research being done on various projects, one of which is an iPhone without a douchebag factor. The A bomb was the most classified project in history.
sermatt
There MUST be some top-secret research facilities working at the frontier of science.

Just curious, what do you guys think they might be working on right now?

Computer science news on Phys.org
mind control using electronic brain stimulators (im serious)

How can you be so sure?

Hey, he did say he was serious.

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.

sermatt said:
Hey, he did say he was serious.

yes, I deleted my post .. after realizing that

Well, avant-garde isn't responding... may be he already got murdered for giving us a hint? XP

sermatt said:
Just curious, what do you guys think they might be working on right now?

The buzz around Echelon and Chameleon is that they are perfecting the egg drop experiment.

Self-toasting bread.

I am certain that top government secret research facilities are working on a NEW Ipod.

The Chinese will never know what hit 'em.

I heard one super secret government lab is working on filters to keep crackpots off the internet.

There's nothing top-secret. If you want to know what's being developed, though, search DARPA websites, scientific websites, and engineering websites.

Stuff like Area 51 is kind of trumped-up and stupid - it's a weapons and aircraft research facility.

Nothing terribly important that I can think of that's possibly top secret.

kldickson said:
Nothing terribly important that I can think of that's possibly top secret.

I wonder why...

Ok you all want to know the big secrets? Here goes:

1. Missiles that can use the bus
2. Mini-tanks roughly a foot long that can be driven by kids with operational turrets
3. Dolphins with lasers on their backs
4. iphones that don't make you look like a douchebag
5. an analog version of GPS, requires no electricity, codenamed "M.A.P."

it has to be A.I... however I don't think they've had any success with it, or else we would have noticed it already!

kldickson said:
There's nothing top-secret.

:rofl: And how would you know? Yes, there is plenty of top secret information related to weapons development and other areas of interest. There always has been since at least WWII. If you want a great example from the cold war, watch astrospies.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=328079

The A bomb was the most classified project in history.

Stuff like Area 51 is kind of trumped-up and stupid - it's a weapons and aircraft research facility.

Partially true, however the government also denied its existence for many years. For a long time it was the most secret facility in the US. The only reason that the government finally admitted to its existence was that the families of people who had worked there and died, allegedly from exposure to dangerous chemicals, sued the government. Just because there were trumped-up stories related to Groom Lake, that doesn't take away from its historic and highly classified role in US military history.

The irony here is really unbelievable: For years the UFO buffs claimed that the facility existed. The government denied it and the UFO crowd was ridiculed for their claim [not to mention the many other claims made]. Now that existence of the facility is public information - you can look at it on Google Earth - the claim is that it was never really a secret in the first place. Too funny!

As for the op: You can bet that we already have technology to counter stealth technology. Stealth technology itself was highly classified for about twenty years. Even the SR-71 was somewhat stealthy.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that a certain weapon used in the second Transformers movie is actually real.

KingOfChaos said:
I would like to point out that a certain weapon used in the second Transformers movie is actually real.

I KNEW the Allspark was real!

Pengwuino said:
I KNEW the Allspark was real!

lol...I wish.

Nah, the rail gun. Quite an interesting weapons platform.

avant-garde said:
it has to be A.I... however I don't think they've had any success with it, or else we would have noticed it already!

Yeah, right. It's AI because you think so. Uhuh. Yeah. Sure.

I've worked in labs with people that did TS work and even black projects. The very premise of this thread, and the comments contained within are quite laughable. Not to mention the fact that talking about a TS project will land you in jail (I mean if you actually work on one, not to be confused with you guys speculating about what goes on in them).

What you guys hope to gain from this conversation is beyond me. It's TS for a reason, you're not supposed to know about it, and it's not information to be shared. So perhaps we shouldn't help give even ideas to people reading these threads from other countries what's going on.

There is, in fact, a small paragraph on rail guns in the latest Science Illustrated.

I made this thread just for entertainment :D it was moved from Physics Lobby for some reason, just wanted to see what people were thinking on the subject.

Who knows?

sermatt said:
I made this thread just for entertainment :D it was moved from Physics Lobby for some reason, just wanted to see what people were thinking on the subject.

Who knows?

The people that need to know.

Pengwuino said:
4. iphones that don't make you look like a douchebag

Impossible by definition.

Bear Calvary is where it's at:

http://brianakira.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bear-cossack-cavalry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Robots are really getting cool these days. Honda has some nice ones.
I think the best place to find some good future tech is at MIT's AI lab. I do'nt know If they allow members of the public but their not top secret so its worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

What are the latest technologies currently being developed?

The latest technologies being developed include artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, blockchain, 5G, and quantum computing.

How will these technologies impact our daily lives?

These technologies will revolutionize the way we live, work, and interact with the world. They have the potential to make our lives more efficient, convenient, and connected.

What industries will be most affected by these technologies?

These technologies will have a significant impact on industries such as healthcare, transportation, finance, entertainment, and education.

What are some potential ethical concerns surrounding these technologies?

As with any new technology, there are ethical concerns that need to be addressed. These include issues of data privacy, bias in artificial intelligence, and potential job displacement due to automation.

How can we ensure that these technologies are used for the greater good?

It is important for developers, policymakers, and society as a whole to actively engage in discussions about the responsible and ethical use of these technologies. Regulations and guidelines should be put in place to ensure that these technologies are used for the betterment of society.