Website that helps pronounce Biology and Chemistry terms ?

In summary, the conversation is about someone struggling with pronouncing terms in biology and chemistry while learning English. The person is looking for a website that can help with pronunciations for grade 11/12 level terms, and the conversation ends with a suggestion to check dictionary.com or a specialized site for practice.
nukeman
I know someone who is doing biology and chemistry 11 and soon biology and chemistry 12, but has a hard time pronouncing all the terms (learning english)

Is there a website out there that helps people pronounce all the terms in biology and Chemistry, in a grade 11/12 level?

Thanks!

Biology news on Phys.org
nukeman said:
I know someone who is doing biology and chemistry 11 and soon biology and chemistry 12, but has a hard time pronouncing all the terms (learning english)

Is there a website out there that helps people pronounce all the terms in biology and Chemistry, in a grade 11/12 level?

Thanks!

Do most of the terms show up at dictionary.com? If so, there are pronunciation guides in all dictionaries. Or are the terms too specialized for a general dictionary?

berkeman said:
Do most of the terms show up at dictionary.com? If so, there are pronunciation guides in all dictionaries. Or are the terms too specialized for a general dictionary?

Oh I am not sure. I just thought there might be a site out there that just has a list of introductory chemistry and bio terms that someone can just go over and over and practice.

Thanks though

1. What is the purpose of a website that helps pronounce Biology and Chemistry terms?

A website that helps pronounce Biology and Chemistry terms is designed to assist individuals who are studying these subjects to properly pronounce difficult terminology. This can help improve understanding and communication in the fields of Biology and Chemistry.

2. How does the website determine the correct pronunciation of terms?

The website may use various resources such as audio recordings, phonetic spellings, and expert guidance to determine the correct pronunciation of terms. Some websites may also have a team of experts who review and verify the pronunciations.

3. Can I trust the accuracy of the pronunciations provided by the website?

This may vary depending on the website. It is important to choose a website that has a reputable source and follows a rigorous process to determine pronunciations. Additionally, it is always a good idea to double-check pronunciations with other sources to ensure accuracy.

4. Are there any other features on the website besides pronunciations?

Some websites may offer additional features such as definitions, examples, and visual aids to further enhance understanding of Biology and Chemistry terms. These features can be especially helpful for individuals who are visual learners.

5. Is the website accessible for individuals with disabilities?

Many websites that help pronounce Biology and Chemistry terms are designed to be accessible for individuals with disabilities. This may include features such as text-to-speech options and compatibility with assistive technologies. It is important to check the website's accessibility features if this is a concern.