Music vs Science Poll: Vote Your Favorites!

In summary, there was a discussion on chat whether there was some kind of correlation between science and the kind of music people liked. And since people like to vote on polls, we decided to make a poll about it! Among the chosen sciences were astronomy, metal, and math/trance. Among the chosen genres of music were blues, classical, and hip-hop. However, the only two genres that received any votes were rock and metal.

What is your favorite science and music genre?

• Total voters
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
There was a discussion on chat whether there was some kind of correlation between science and the kind of music people liked. And since people like to vote on polls, we decided to make a poll about it!

Please vote on your favorite science and your favorite music (choosing more then one science and genre is allowed!)

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
Astronomy and Blues

Metal Mathematics!

my favourite music is traditional Ottoman (turkish) music but not in the list.
I am a professional player of Ottoman (turkish) musical instruments and I am professional singer of Ottoman songs.

The no name votes for metal and rock are char's. There is a glitch with the editing.

Dubstep and hip hop aren't there, so I voted for jazz.

brushman said:
Dubstep and hip hop aren't there, so I voted for jazz.
Yeah, where's hiphop? I like hiphop. Why isn't it there? (I'm on a rant if you haven't noticed. :wink:)
Seems like I'm the only one voted for rap.
I don't care for classical or blues or country, no offense to anybody.

I couldn't decide on the sciences so I voted for all of them. Anything scifi related, but sci means science, so that would be all the choices. :smile:

I'm listening to blues right now.

No bluegrass on the list...gasp!

Lol...no one has chosen yodeling yet :biggrin:.

Physics/Mathematics, Classical/Indie

Pretty much sums up what I do and listen to.

lisab said:
Lol...no one has chosen yodeling yet :biggrin:.

Haha, this is interesting; he has yodeling, but he doesn't have hip hop or bluegrass.

Wheres Computer Science?!
I chose, Physics/Mathematics/Engineering/Classical/Rock/ and Metal! \m/ :D

I don't really have favorites in these categories but I chose physics and classical. I can play some classical for you, but most people would rather hear me doing physics.

Last edited:
Bluegrass biophysics

Pythagorean said:
Bluegrass biophysics

I wish that were a choice, as I'd have voted for it in a heartbeat, hammock and all.

Psytrance Engineering.

What no votes for country yet?

Math / Trance <-- however I normally listen to rock.

Metal and Biology. Although it was a close for the study. I was stuck between that and Mathematics.

I like physics and like classical music. Have any of you tried sufi songs or indian classical by zakir hussain, hariprasad chaurasia and ravi shankar

1. What is the purpose of the "Music vs Science" poll?

The purpose of the "Music vs Science" poll is to gather data and opinions from individuals about which they prefer - music or science - and to determine any patterns or trends among the responses.

2. How will the results of the poll be used?

The results of the poll will be analyzed and potentially used for research purposes in fields related to music and science. It may also be used for marketing or advertising purposes by organizations or companies in these fields.

3. Who can participate in the poll?

Anyone can participate in the "Music vs Science" poll, as long as they have access to the poll and are able to understand and respond to the questions being asked.

4. Is the poll biased towards one side or the other?

No, the poll is designed to be neutral and unbiased. It is simply seeking opinions and preferences from individuals and does not have a predetermined outcome or agenda.

5. Are the results of the poll accurate and reliable?

The accuracy and reliability of the poll results will depend on the sample size and diversity of participants. The larger and more diverse the sample, the more representative the results will be. However, as with any poll or survey, there is always a margin of error to consider.