What is the peak of our civilization?Where do we go from here?

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Peak
In summary: So in summary, I see a gradual leveling-off of the current first-world standard of living, with it advancing not much further than it is today. I think it is getting to the point where it is mature, where large advances will become less and less likely.
WhoWee said:
If they could figure a way to store very large charges on those trucks - to power hybrids or EV's on the train - that could be exciting.

Where are you thinking the extra electrical power will come from? Show me a country whose electricity supply infrastructure is not already stretched to its limit...

Physics news on Phys.org
cmb said:
Where are you thinking the extra electrical power will come from? Show me a country whose electricity supply infrastructure is not already stretched to its limit...

Given this is a futuristic view, I envision some type of nylon fibers sticking out from the side of the wall barriers to massage the smooth sides of the semi-trailers - also equipped with lightning rods - both designed to capture and store static charges to share with the train.