Error Message: Method not implemented

• Thread starter Dr_Scientist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about an error message encountered while trying to open a physics forum on Google Chrome. The error message states that the GET method is not supported and a 404 Not Found error was encountered. The user is able to open the forum on other browsers and suggests clearing cache and cookies to fix the issue. Another user suggests that the issue may be due to buggy code from Google and recommends upgrading the browser. The original poster confirms that their browser is already up to date and the issue may have been resolved.
Dr_Scientist
Hi,

I get the following error message in google chrome while trying to open physics forum.

PHP:
Method Not Implemented

GET to / not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
PHP:

I can open physicsforum in other browsers, though.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh thanks, it is fine now after I cleared the cookies.
But any idea why this happen?

Dr_Scientist said:
But any idea why this happen?

Probably because those nice people at Google write buggy code.

But don't worry, there will soon be an updated version with a different set of bugs :smile:

AlephZero said:
Probably because those nice people at Google write buggy code.

But don't worry, there will soon be an updated version with a different set of bugs :smile:

Aw this sucks. It keeps happening and I have to keep clearing my cache. It happens only to this site though. hahaha.

more details might help:
- what os?
- what browser?
- what version?

maybe upgrade your browser if it isn't the latest version. Some sites force you to use MS IE but I don't think PF does.

jedishrfu said:
more details might help:
- what os?
- what browser?
- what version?

maybe upgrade your browser if it isn't the latest version. Some sites force you to use MS IE but I don't think PF does.

Nah, my chrome is the latest version (19.0.1084.56). OS is windows vista.

The last time it happened was before my last post in this thread, so maybe it is alright now.

1. What does the error message "Method not implemented" mean?

The error message "Method not implemented" typically means that the code is trying to call or use a method that has not been defined or written yet. It could also mean that the method exists, but it has not been linked or imported correctly.

2. Why am I getting the error message "Method not implemented"?

You are getting this error message because the method you are trying to use has not been implemented in the code. This could be due to a typo in the method name, or the method has not been written or defined yet.

3. How do I fix the error message "Method not implemented"?

To fix this error message, you will need to identify which method is causing the issue and ensure that it is properly defined and implemented in the code. Check for any typos or missing code that may be causing the error. You may also need to import or link the method correctly if it is from a different file or library.

4. Can I still run my code if I get the error message "Method not implemented"?

It depends on the purpose of the method that is not implemented. If the method is essential for the code to run correctly, then you will need to fix the error before running the code. However, if the method is not crucial, you may still be able to run the code, but it may not produce the desired results.

5. Is the error message "Method not implemented" a common occurrence in programming?

Yes, the error message "Method not implemented" is a common occurrence in programming, especially when working with a large codebase or multiple libraries. It can also happen when writing new code and forgetting to define or import a method. It is important to double-check and test all methods to avoid this error message.