Does time run fast near universe's edge?

• Thread starter ksertatas
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Edge Time
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time relativity and whether it changes based on location in the universe. The idea of a center and edge to the universe is refuted, and it is explained that time appears slower in distant regions due to the expansion of distances. The possibility of a change in universal gravity coefficient is mentioned, but it is stated that this idea has no basis in physics. The conversation also touches on the use of GPS systems to account for time differences caused by gravity. Finally, the individual asks if there are any theories or studies that support their idea, stating a dislike for the concept of dark matter and dark energy.
ksertatas
Hello all, this is my first post. My question is, do any theories exist about time relativity based on distance from universe's center? Also interested your own opinions on the subject.

Thanks,
kadir

Astronomy news on Phys.org
There is no edge!

ksertatas said:
Hello all, this is my first post. My question is, do any theories exist about time relativity based on distance from universe's center? Also interested your own opinions on the subject.

Thanks,
kadir

There is no edge and no center to the universe. There is some further discussion here:

www.phinds.com/balloonanalogy

ksertatas said:

Thanks,
kadir

I think the simple answer to your question is probably "no".

In ordinary professional mainstream cosmology your question is meaningless because the universe has no "edge" and no "center".

The part of it that we are currently able to SEE has a center, of course, and we are the center of that region. That region is the currently observable universe. It is a growing region because as time goes on we see more and more.
But the observable region is not the whole thing.

Out near the limits of the observable region we see the matter as it was a long time ago. But there is no indication that physics out there is any different from what it is here.

We get the NEWS from out there in a slowed-down stretched out version because of the expansion of distances that has occurred over the billions of years the light has been traveling. You can see how that would happen--the signal stream has gotten stretched out so there is an APPARENT slowing of time.

But we can allow for that. We see the light from glowing-hot clouds of gas which were out there, and the light has been cooled by having its wavelengths stretched out 1000-fold so it isn't even visible light anymore---just microwave you pick up with a radio dish antenna. But we allow for that. We know the light was originally 3000 degree hot glow, even though it now looks like only 3 degrees. A thousand times cooler.
You could say that time APPEARS to be 1000-fold slower out there near the limit of what we can see. But that is just appearance. The indications are that physics was just the same then as it is now.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies. I need some time read these materials. I see there is not a volumetric center of universe. My main question is, does speed of time change based on your location. I mean perhaps time runs faster in somewhere so called -time center- and slows down while you go away from that center. If we can assume that there is such a time speed reference difference, can we think universal gravity coefficient may vary and even go negative?
Note: I am not a physics student or someone reads scientific publications.

Thanks,
kadir

ksertatas said:
Thanks for replies. I need some time read these materials. I see there is not a volumetric center of universe. My main question is, does speed of time change based on your location. I mean perhaps time runs faster in somewhere so called -time center- and slows down while you go away from that center.

There IS no center. You need to drop that idea.

If we can assume that there is such a time speed reference difference, can we think universal gravity coefficient may vary and even go negative?

No, as far as I can tell, what you are suggesting has no basis in physics at all, it's just something you have made up.

There IS a difference in time inside a gravity well and outside, but unless you are talking about a black hole, the differences are small.

GPS systems require correction due to the fact that the transmitters are higher out of Earth's gravity well than the receivers are.

Of course i am making these up. Just asking that are there any theories or studies similar to that idea. I am trying to understand why gravitational pull quits when high distances take place. I do not like dark matter and dark energy things. Thank you all.
kadir

1. How does time dilation near the universe's edge affect our perception of time?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time dilation occurs at high speeds or in strong gravitational fields. Near the universe's edge, both of these factors are at play, causing time to appear to pass faster for an observer on Earth compared to an observer near the edge. This means that our perception of time may be different near the universe's edge compared to other parts of the universe.

2. Is time actually faster near the universe's edge?

No, time itself does not actually run faster near the universe's edge. It only appears to run faster due to time dilation caused by high speeds and strong gravitational fields. Time is a constant in the universe, but our perception of it can be affected by various factors.

3. How does the curvature of space-time near the universe's edge affect time?

The curvature of space-time near the universe's edge, caused by the immense gravity of supermassive black holes, can also contribute to time dilation. As space and time are interconnected, the bending of space near the edge can slow down time for an observer near the edge compared to an observer in a less curved region of space.

4. Could time run backwards near the universe's edge?

No, time cannot run backwards near the universe's edge. Time dilation does not allow time to reverse or move in a different direction. It only affects the perception of time for observers in different regions of space with varying speeds and gravitational fields.

5. How does time near the universe's edge compare to time in other parts of the universe?

Time near the universe's edge may appear to run faster compared to other regions of the universe due to time dilation. However, the actual passage of time is the same everywhere in the universe. Time near the edge may also be affected by other factors such as the expansion of the universe and the presence of dark energy, making it difficult to accurately compare to other regions of the universe.