Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge

In summary, the new rules state that it is OK to google the answer. However, you have to state that you did so in your answer.
jedishrfu said:
The Ruling Class with Peter O'Toole

Nope. Much more recent.

Physics news on Phys.org
Not that one either.

Clue: Actual vikings make actual landfall. Odin-Jesus never says a word.

Bandersnatch said:
Time for some arthouse cinema.

Q: Odin-Jesus makes a landfall in purgatory.

A: Valhalla rising?

DiracPool said:
A: Valhalla rising?
That's the one!

Very weird film, but fun if you don't mind symbolism overload. The trailer might make one think it's all about non-stop visceral combat, but most of it is spent on staring pensively at nothing in particular. Kinda requires at least a passing knowledge of Norse mythology to decipher.

The floor is yours.

Q: A high speed car chase under an elevated causeway in a major metropolitan city.

DiracPool said:
Q: A high speed car chase under an elevated causeway in a major metropolitan city.

Not enough info but I'll try the French Connection.

jedishrfu said:
Not enough info but I'll try the French Connection.

Bingo! Obviously there was too much info considering how fast you got it :tongue: Your go.

DiracPool said:

The Blues Brothers.

And prove me wrong :tongue2:

Borek said:
The Blues Brothers.

And prove me wrong :tongue2:

Thank you, Borek. There are a dozen more movies with car chases under the ells.

FIRST to ANSWER wins the next toss.Next Movie:

A man decides to leave his job, his colleagues sit and sigh. He tells them he is much too old as they argue the reason and wonder why.

jedishrfu said:
There are a dozen more movies with car chases under the ells.

Yes, but you picked the one that I was thinking of... Much less than chance odds there. Why did that happen? Huh? Answer that!

Edit: I could have distinguished it by saying that, unlike most other "under the ells" carchases, the French connection scene was not sanctioned by the city. They just grabbed some cameras and did it without a permit. And if you watch, they almost hit a few pedestrians along the way. Damn I miss those outlaw 70's.

Last edited:
DiracPool said:
Yes, but you picked the one that I was thinking of... Much less than chance odds there. Why did that happen? Huh? Answer that!

Edit: I could have distinguished it by saying that, unlike most other "under the ells" carchases, the French connection scene was not sanctioned by the city. They just grabbed some cameras and did it without a permit. And if you watch, they almost hit a few pedestrians along the way. Damn I miss those outlaw 70's.

Yeah it did come to mind first. I think other movies tried to copy it.

jedishrfu said:
A man decides to leave his job, his colleagues sit and sigh. He tells them he is much too old as they argue the reason and wonder why.

Sounds like The Man from Earth.

Borek said:
Sounds like The Man from Earth.

Yes, you got it. Your turn. Its a great movie even though the acting is a bit stiff.

Blind angel gets high after meeting a hot chick.

Borek said:
Blind angel gets high after meeting a hot chick.

Barbarella

Hard to deny.

Yes.

A stranger comes to town, trades some diamonds for money, solves a Celestial Mechanics problem with Separation of Variables and stops the world in it tracks before returning home.

The day the Earth stood still

Bandersnatch said:
The day the Earth stood still

Yep, your turn.

I really liked the scene with Ben Gazara and Michael Rennie where he demolishes the equation with a few simple checks and slashes then says the rest could now be solved with Separation of Variables something I had just learned at college. There aren't too many films that show real math as such a level.

Q: One with a broken arm teams up with a broken man, to summon Charles Darwin et al. with a hidden goal of facilitating a one-way journey to Morph3us' realm.

The Fall (2006) directed by Tarsem Singh based on Yo Ho Ho 1981 play by Valery Petrov

It is.

One of the most beautifully shot films out there.
Your turn.

Stranded on an island with a monkey, some beautiful island girls and a big kahuna.

jedishrfu said:
Yep, your turn.

I really liked the scene with Ben Gazara and Michael Rennie where he demolishes the equation with a few simple checks and slashes then says the rest could now be solved with Separation of Variables something I had just learned at college. There aren't too many films that show real math as such a level.

oops I meant Sam Jaffe (starred with Ben Gazara in Ben Casey) senior moment.

jedishrfu said:
Stranded on an island with a monkey, some beautiful island girls and a big kahuna.

Since nobody guessed, I'll provide another clue the monkey was a space chimp.

Eh, Planet of the Apes, maybe?

Bandersnatch said:
Eh, Planet of the Apes, maybe?

Nope, it was a popular comedy film in the 60's.

is elvis in it ?

krash661 said:
is elvis in it ?

Nope, but a famous chimney sweep is.

lt. robin crusoe, u.s.n.

krash661 said:
lt. robin crusoe, u.s.n.

Yes, a great and silly movie developed by Walt Disney himslef( see movie credits fot Retlaw Yensid) with Nancy Kwan and Dick VanDyke (Mary Poppins Chimney sweep) based on the classic story of Robinson Crusoe.

So its your turn.

hmm, i need to think of one,
if anyone else has one,
go head.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge"?</h2><p>The purpose of "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" is to provide a fun and interactive way for people to test their knowledge of movies. It is a game where players can challenge themselves or others to see who knows the most about movies.</p><h2>2. How do you play "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge"?</h2><p>To play "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge", players can gather in a group or play individually. The game consists of a series of questions about movies, which can be in the form of multiple choice, true or false, or fill in the blank. Players can choose their answer and then check the correct answer to see if they were right. The player with the most correct answers wins.</p><h2>3. Can "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" be played online?</h2><p>Yes, "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be played online. There are many websites and apps that offer this game, where players can compete with others from all over the world. Some versions even have different levels of difficulty to cater to all levels of movie knowledge.</p><h2>4. Is "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" suitable for all ages?</h2><p>While "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be enjoyed by people of all ages, it is recommended for older children and adults as it may contain questions that younger children may not be familiar with. However, parents can modify the questions to make it more suitable for younger players.</p><h2>5. Can "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" be used as an educational tool?</h2><p>Yes, "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be used as an educational tool. It can be a fun and engaging way for students to learn about different movies, actors, and directors. Teachers can also use it as a review activity or to introduce new movie-related topics in their lessons.</p>

1. What is the purpose of "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge"?

The purpose of "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" is to provide a fun and interactive way for people to test their knowledge of movies. It is a game where players can challenge themselves or others to see who knows the most about movies.

2. How do you play "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge"?

To play "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge", players can gather in a group or play individually. The game consists of a series of questions about movies, which can be in the form of multiple choice, true or false, or fill in the blank. Players can choose their answer and then check the correct answer to see if they were right. The player with the most correct answers wins.

3. Can "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" be played online?

Yes, "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be played online. There are many websites and apps that offer this game, where players can compete with others from all over the world. Some versions even have different levels of difficulty to cater to all levels of movie knowledge.

4. Is "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" suitable for all ages?

While "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be enjoyed by people of all ages, it is recommended for older children and adults as it may contain questions that younger children may not be familiar with. However, parents can modify the questions to make it more suitable for younger players.

5. Can "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" be used as an educational tool?

Yes, "Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge" can be used as an educational tool. It can be a fun and engaging way for students to learn about different movies, actors, and directors. Teachers can also use it as a review activity or to introduce new movie-related topics in their lessons.