Beautiful math and physics blackboards

In summary, these blackboards are really neat! Some of my favorites include the chalkboard with equations and the one with the anatomy blackboard.
Interesting how chalk, blackboards and equations can look so neat! Post your's if you have some favorites!

black7.png
tumblr_mcod18HGik1qbh26io3_500.png

tumblr_mcod18HGik1qbh26io2_1280.png
math-equations-blackboard.jpg

shonk_blackboard.jpg

Last edited:
Likes diogenesNY and dwunder
Physics news on Phys.org
More here

tumblr_lkra4ktCYX1qz5zvo.jpg

1979n2-49.jpg

1985i-24.jpg

4831185786_1037a719a3.jpg

giant-chalkboard-in-classroom.jpg

Last edited:
Likes dwunder
How in the world did that guy manage to fill the board in that last pic??

Likes nuuskur, Wrichik Basu, DaveE and 1 other person
Gad said:
How in the world did that guy manage to fill the board in that last pic??

It's from a movie called "A Serious Man"

• Informative
Likes Keith_McClary
Wow!

LOL mixing in the anatomy blackboard, Greg. :smile:

The third post contains a blackboard which is also in the second post

http://mathematics.gulfcoast.edu/mathprojects/andrew5.jpg

We can't forget this one

Benn said:
http://mathematics.gulfcoast.edu/mathprojects/andrew5.jpg

We can't forget this one

I love that pic of Wiles.

OK ... sorry I couldn't resist...

attachment.php?attachmentid=60910&stc=1&d=1376532825.jpg

and

Characters Penny and Sheldon in front of Saltzberg's first white board about quark decay
attachment.php?attachmentid=60911&stc=1&d=1376532825.jpg

both credits to: courtesy of Warner Bros

cheers
Dave

Attachments

• big-bang-sheldon-2.jpg
    big-bang-sheldon-2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,360
  • big-bang-sheldon-1.jpg
    big-bang-sheldon-1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,439
Likes XZ923 and dwunder
For some reason, I kind of like

George Jones said:
Eleven years ago.

Note, this was first posted years ago, so the "eleven years ago" is no longer true :cry:.

Last edited by a moderator:
alejandro-guijarro-momentum.jpg
Blackboards with mathematics or physics formulae can be considered many times as art pieces.
You can often find blackboards which are amazing and inspiring from an artistic point of view if you look both at the conceptual content the teacher put in them and at the graphical execution.
A unique feature of a blackboard drawing is its immediacy, meaning that it’s usually created as the thought process and its explanation unfold.

I like so much these blackboards (or whiteboards or flipcharts) with scientific content.

If you too like this kind of drawings take pics and share images or videos of blackboards, wherever you can find them.
Most importantly, add a comment on why you like this particular blackboard drawing and which emotions it provokes in you.
Please put in the comment also a short description of the content, the situation in which it was created (e.g. lesson or meeting or whatever), its author, place and date.

I post a blackboard (courtesy by Alejandro Guijarro) taken at a Quantum Physics Department. You see a substrate of physics formulae and over many layers of different content. The result is amazing for me.

Share and comment your blackboards !

Likes dwunder
A tribute to the iranian mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani. She was considered a real genius and one of the best contemporary mathematicians.
I extracted some images from videos of lectures she held at various Universities and events in the States in the last years.
Look at the beauty of these blackboards.
I like to share your comments on them.

POST13.png
POST14.png
POST15.png

1. What is a "beautiful" math and physics blackboard?

A "beautiful" math and physics blackboard refers to a blackboard or chalkboard that is filled with neatly written equations, diagrams, and illustrations that are aesthetically pleasing and visually appealing. It is often considered a work of art in the scientific community.

2. Why are math and physics blackboards important?

Math and physics blackboards are important because they serve as a visual aid for understanding complex concepts and equations. They allow for the organization and presentation of information in a clear and concise manner, making it easier for students and researchers to grasp and apply these concepts.

3. What makes a blackboard "beautiful" in the context of math and physics?

A "beautiful" blackboard in math and physics is one that effectively communicates complex ideas and equations, is neatly organized, and has a balance between text and illustrations. It should also be aesthetically pleasing, with clear and legible writing.

4. Are there any benefits to using blackboards in teaching math and physics?

Yes, there are many benefits to using blackboards in teaching math and physics. Blackboards allow for interactive learning, where students can actively participate in solving problems and writing equations. They also promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as students can see the thought process behind solving a problem.

5. How can I improve my blackboard writing for math and physics?

To improve your blackboard writing for math and physics, it is important to practice writing clearly and neatly. Use different colored chalk or markers to highlight important equations and concepts. It is also helpful to use diagrams and illustrations to visually represent concepts. Additionally, make sure to erase any unnecessary information to keep the blackboard clean and organized.