Bohemian Gravity (Queen song parody)

• Thread starter cephron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gravity
In summary, this a capella parody of Queen's famous rhapsody features clever references to string theory and relativity. It's fun to watch, and definitely worth a watch.
cephron
Exactly what the title says...a string-theory-themed a capella parody of Queen's famous rhapsody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rjbtsX7twc

This video came out recently, so I don't know if it counts as "classic youtube" quite yet...but I'm betting it's headed that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
cephron said:
Exactly what the title says...a string-theory-themed a capella parody of Queen's famous rhapsody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rjbtsX7twc

This video came out recently, so I don't know if it counts as "classic youtube" quite yet...but I'm betting it's headed that direction.

I approve of this post.

I didn't understand any of it, but I still approve.

Thank you cephron.

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
I approve of this post.

I didn't understand any of it, but I still approve.

Thank you cephron.

Do you always approve of things you don't understand?

EDIT: Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Buahaha! Love it!

SW VandeCarr said:
Do you always approve of things you don't understand?

EDIT: Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

It was my same, lame, Feynman joke. Sorry! But I love that song, and I recognized 90% of the references. I just played it for one of my bartenders. He apparently had heard of "Relativity" and "Einstein". He pretended to like it.

The reviews are nice:

It's now a year later, and Blais is back with the fully-realized version.
ref

Blais' performance is nearly as tuneful as Queen's original, and right from the get-go, he addresses the conundrum posed by the view that reality is composed of tiny vibrating strings.
ref...Full lyrics!

I don't particularly like the original song, but that was fun to watch. Must have taken ages to make!

LOL Greg

I love the original ... for that matter 99% of the material Queen produced !

this rendition is brilliant :smile:

thanks for post cephron

Dave

This definitely is the height of geekiness :rofl: :thumbs:

1. What is "Bohemian Gravity"?

"Bohemian Gravity" is a popular parody of the iconic Queen song "Bohemian Rhapsody". It was created by science YouTuber, Tim Blais, also known as A Capella Science, and it combines the complex concepts of quantum physics with the catchy tune and lyrics of the original song.

2. Who created "Bohemian Gravity"?

"Bohemian Gravity" was created by Tim Blais, a Canadian science communicator and musician. He has a background in both physics and music, which allows him to combine his passions in his unique and entertaining science-themed parodies.

3. What is the meaning behind the lyrics of "Bohemian Gravity"?

The lyrics of "Bohemian Gravity" are a clever play on the original lyrics of "Bohemian Rhapsody". Instead of telling a story of love and loss, the lyrics of "Bohemian Gravity" explain the basic concepts of quantum physics, such as the uncertainty principle and wave-particle duality, in a fun and creative way.

4. How was "Bohemian Gravity" received by the scientific community?

"Bohemian Gravity" has been well received by the scientific community, with many praising Tim Blais for his ability to make complex concepts more accessible and entertaining. It has also been featured in various science conferences and publications, gaining even more popularity.

5. Are there any other science-themed parodies by Tim Blais?

Yes, Tim Blais has created several other science-themed parodies, including "The Surface of Light" (a parody of "The Sound of Silence") and "Rolling in the Higgs" (a parody of "Rolling in the Deep"). He also has a YouTube channel where he regularly posts science-themed music videos and educational content.