Does the answer for part (c) really have to be 0?

• Thread starter Differentiate1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circulation
In summary, the conversation discusses a discrepancy in the answer to a problem involving the use of curl and line integration. The speaker believes the answer should not be 0, and suggests that the line integration around the closed path should be carried out instead of using a theorem.
Differentiate1
Here's my work typed in Microsoft Word:
http://i.imgur.com/jWPqBDh.png

I have trouble believing the answer is 0 for part c. All I did was use the curl of F from part a and dot it with dr which came out to be 0.

Physics news on Phys.org
Differentiate1 said:
Here's my work typed in Microsoft Word:
http://i.imgur.com/jWPqBDh.png

I have trouble believing the answer is 0 for part c. All I did was use the curl of F from part a and dot it with dr which came out to be 0.
I suspect that in part (c), you are expected to actually carry out the line integration around the closed path C , rather than using the theorem (Storke's Theorem).

(An image of you work follows.)
attachment.php?attachmentid=65036&stc=1&d=1387748676.png

Attachments

• jWPqBDh.png
    jWPqBDh.png
    13 KB · Views: 492

What is circulation clockwise?

Circulation clockwise is the movement of air or water in a circular motion, where the flow direction is in a clockwise direction.

What causes circulation clockwise?

Circulation clockwise is primarily caused by the rotation of the Earth. This rotation creates a Coriolis force that deflects the movement of air and water in a clockwise direction in the Northern Hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere.

Where can we see examples of circulation clockwise?

Circulation clockwise can be seen in various phenomena such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and ocean currents. For example, hurricanes in the Northern Hemisphere rotate in a clockwise direction due to the Coriolis force.

What are the effects of circulation clockwise?

The effects of circulation clockwise can vary depending on the scale and strength of the phenomenon. In weather systems, it can cause the air to rise and cool, resulting in precipitation. In ocean currents, it can affect global climate patterns and the distribution of nutrients and marine life.

How does circulation clockwise affect our daily lives?

Circulation clockwise can have a significant impact on our daily lives. It can affect the weather and climate in our region, transportation and navigation in the ocean, and the distribution of resources. Understanding circulation clockwise is crucial for predicting and preparing for natural disasters and managing our resources sustainably.