Forums for COmputational-Simulations Science/Game development

• Thread starter neurocomp2003
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding good forums for computational-simulations science, game programming, and RPG discussions. The participants mention gamedev.net, gamasutra, and BestCFD online as potential options, but express a preference for CSS sites. One participant shares a link to a website called cfd-online.com and recommends it for its active community. Another participant mentions the difficulty of finding reliable RPG forums through a simple Google search.
neurocomp2003
Anyone know of any good forums for computational-simulations science involving 3D environments. Or game programming forums? I know of gamedev.net nad gamasutra but those are game sites...i'd prefere to have css sites.
Best

Computer science news on Phys.org
CFD online has one, but other than that I'd be asking the same question. Most places I've looked at are ones with "10 topics and 3 replies" a board.

CFD is there a website? or does google search lead you there? within the first page of the search i mean.

The website and so forth is here :

http://www.cfd-online.com/

... I think overall it has (some) 'class' and activity, worth a mention at least (probably even more so if I did CFD bit more frequently).

Google for RPG forums and you tend to get a lot of sites that actually link to a lot of other sites that you will need.

-- AI

I was hoping this thread would get many many responses :confused:

1. What is the purpose of forums for Computational-Simulations Science/Game development?

Forums for Computational-Simulations Science/Game development serve as an online platform for individuals interested in this field to discuss and share ideas, ask for help, and collaborate on projects. They are a valuable resource for networking and staying updated on the latest advancements in the field.

2. Are these forums only for professionals or can students also participate?

These forums are open to both professionals and students. In fact, they can be a great learning resource for students who are interested in pursuing a career in Computational-Simulations Science/Game development. Students can interact with professionals, ask for advice, and learn about different projects and techniques being used in the field.

3. What types of topics are typically discussed in these forums?

The topics discussed in these forums can vary greatly, but some common ones include: software and tools used for simulations and game development, programming languages, data analysis techniques, project management, and job opportunities in the field.

4. How can I get started in participating in these forums?

To participate in these forums, you can simply create an account on the platform and start browsing through the different discussions. You can also use the search function to find topics that interest you or start a new discussion thread. It's important to read and follow the forum guidelines to ensure a positive and productive experience for everyone.

5. Are there any specific etiquette or rules I should be aware of when participating in these forums?

Yes, most forums have specific rules and etiquette that users are expected to follow. Some common ones include being respectful and courteous to others, avoiding spamming or self-promotion, and staying on topic. It's important to read and follow the rules to maintain a positive and productive environment for all users.