Searching for Steam Tables: What Programs are Worth Getting?

In summary, Quark found a website that has old fashioned steam tables, and he recommends the software "Steam Table Trial Version" from Chemicalogic. He also recommends "Perrys Handbook for Chemical Engineers" which is an online edition.
Hoplite
I've been looking for steam tables on the internet, but all that I can find are those steam table computer programs.

So... Does anyone know a site which has the old fashioned steam tables?

And which of those steam table computer programs would be worth getting?

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://www.spiraxsarco.com/assets/uploads/PDFS/TI/GCM_01.PDF
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/saturated-steam-properties-28_101.html

For software get steamtab trial version(just sufficient and excellent)
http://www.chemicalogic.com/steamtab/companion/default.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Quark. :smile:

You will find the steam tables you are lookinf for at the following link
steam tables
http://www.lulu.com/content/278487"

they can can be viewed online for free or downloaded:!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perrys Handbook for Chemical Engineers. On-line edition now available. Genius.

thearny said:
Perrys Handbook for Chemical Engineers. On-line edition now available. Genius.

Yea, that's what always use. Its quite complete :smile:

i bought mine from waterstones for £7.50 ( part of the amazon group), so try amazon on-line.

Shows you how much of an engineer I am; I was thinking of restaurant equipment. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Shows you how much of an engineer I am; I was thinking of restaurant equipment. :rolleyes:

It's times like this I never quite know whether you're being serious or not! :smile:

Mine were (ahem) originally from Waterstones too. Well, the (cough) original copy from which mine were (ahem) obtained was. Obviously it'd be wrong to suggest you illegally photocopy a set, we're dead against copyright infringement here at PF.

brewnog said:
It's times like this I never quite know whether you're being serious or not! :smile:

Actually, I was. I worked in a bar/restaurant for over 20 years, so the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the title of the thread was the steam table setup that we used to keep the buffet dishes hot. I realized my error as soon as the subject of software popped up. :redface:

1. What are steam tables and why are they important in scientific research?

Steam tables are a set of thermodynamic tables that provide data on the properties of water and steam at different temperatures and pressures. They are important in scientific research because they allow scientists to accurately calculate and predict the behavior of water and steam in various industrial and engineering processes.

2. What types of programs are available for searching for steam tables?

There are several types of programs available for searching for steam tables, including online databases, software applications, and mobile apps. Some are free and others require a purchase or subscription.

3. How do I know which program is worth getting for searching for steam tables?

The best program for searching for steam tables will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It's important to consider factors such as accuracy of data, user-friendliness, and availability of additional features. Reading reviews and comparing different programs can help you make an informed decision.

4. Can I trust the data provided by these programs?

Most steam table programs use data from reputable sources such as the International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS). However, it's always a good idea to verify the accuracy of the data by cross-checking with other sources.

5. Are there any free programs available for searching for steam tables?

Yes, there are some free programs available for searching for steam tables. These may have limited features or may not be as user-friendly as paid programs, but they can still provide reliable data. It's worth researching and trying out different options to find the best fit for your needs.