How do I graph a sequence of partial sums on a TI-89/92/V200

In summary, to enter a sequence of partial sums on a TI-89/92/V200, use the LIST function and enter the numbers separated by commas. To access the graphing function, press the Y= button and enter the equation or sequence. Adjust the window settings by pressing the WINDOW button and using the window editor. To add a title and labels, use the F2 button and navigate to the desired option. To find the sum of the sequence, press the 2nd and STAT buttons, select CALC and choose SUM, then enter the sequence and indices.
opticaltempest
I am doing exactly what this article is saying in order to try to graph
a sequence of partial sums. If I enter the syntax, given below, on the
home screen, it will list the first 25 terms of the partial sum. How do I
graph those terms using sequence mode?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1760/partialsums6mk.jpg Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You can just set u1 = the sum from k = 1 to n of 1/k. With sum for uppercase sigma, you would let u1(n) = sum(1/k, k, 1, n) You don't need to use the seq command.

1. How do I enter the sequence of partial sums into the calculator?

To enter a sequence of partial sums on a TI-89/92/V200, you will need to use the LIST function. Press the APPS button, then select LIST. From there, select NEW and enter the numbers in the sequence, separating each number with a comma. Press ENTER after each number to add it to the sequence. Once you have entered all the numbers, press ENTER again to save the sequence.

2. How do I access the graphing function on the calculator?

To access the graphing function on a TI-89/92/V200, you will need to press the Y= button. This will bring you to the function editor, where you can enter your equation or sequence of partial sums. To graph the sequence, make sure the = sign is highlighted next to Y1 and press GRAPH.

3. How do I adjust the window settings for the graph?

To adjust the window settings for the graph, press the WINDOW button. This will bring up the window editor, where you can change the X and Y ranges, as well as the scale and grid settings. Make sure the Xscl and Yscl values are small enough to see the individual points in your graph. Press ENTER to save your changes.

4. How do I add a title and labels to the graph?

To add a title and labels to your graph, press the F2 button. This will bring up the format menu. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the Title, X-label, and Y-label options. Press ENTER to edit each one and enter the desired title or label. Press ENTER again to save your changes.

5. How do I find the sum of the sequence of partial sums?

To find the sum of a sequence of partial sums on a TI-89/92/V200, press the 2nd button, then the STAT button. Select CALC from the menu and choose SUM. Enter the sequence of partial sums as the first argument, and the starting and ending indices as the second and third arguments. Press ENTER to calculate the sum.