Flash scroll pane and loader

• Thread starter brandy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flash
In summary, the user is having trouble getting scroll panes and loaders to work in their Macromedia Flash Professional 8 project. They have tried using the components panel and specifying the necessary files, but have had no success. They are also unsure how to use a scroll pane and have asked for assistance. A possible resource for help is suggested.
brandy
macromedia flash Professional 8 loaders and scroll panes help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i put this in programming but no one replied and i don't know how to move threads so I am just reposting it here.

im using macromedia flash Professional 8 and i can't get scroll panes or loaders to work.

i put a loader in from the components panel, i specified the swf file (in the same folder) that is to be loaded and i set the scaleContent as false. when i test it it does not work. WHY! HELPPPPPPP!

also. I am not really sure at all how to use a scroll pane. i converted a series of images and text into a movie-clip with: export for action-scripting and export in first frame, enabled. I put a scroll pane from the components panel onto the stage and specified the movie clip and set the scaleContent to false. again no success. i didnt change the shape of the scroll pane.

pleeaaasee help me!

Computer science news on Phys.org
May I recommend www.flashkit.com. Back in the days when I was doing that stuff it was the best board around.

I would recommend checking the documentation for Macromedia Flash Professional 8 and making sure you are using the correct methods and parameters for the scroll pane and loader components. It may also be helpful to search online for tutorials or forums where other users have successfully used these components. If you are still having trouble, I would suggest reaching out to the Macromedia support team for further assistance. Additionally, it may be beneficial to provide more specific details about the issues you are encountering, such as error messages or the specific code you are using, in order to get more targeted help.

1. What is a Flash scroll pane and loader?

A Flash scroll pane and loader is a component in Adobe Flash that allows users to load and display external content, such as images or text, within a designated area on the stage. It also includes a scrollbar to navigate through the content if it exceeds the size of the designated area.

2. How do I create a Flash scroll pane and loader?

To create a Flash scroll pane and loader, you can use the built-in components in Adobe Flash or use ActionScript to create a custom scroll pane and loader. The built-in components can be found in the Components panel, while ActionScript can be used to define the properties and behavior of the scroll pane and loader.

3. Can I customize the appearance of a Flash scroll pane and loader?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of a Flash scroll pane and loader by changing the properties of the component, such as the size, color, and font. If you are using ActionScript, you can also add custom graphics and animations to the scroll pane and loader.

4. How do I load external content into a Flash scroll pane and loader?

You can load external content into a Flash scroll pane and loader by using the loadMovie() or loadClip() methods in ActionScript. These methods allow you to specify the location of the external content and load it into the designated area on the stage.

5. Can I use a Flash scroll pane and loader in a responsive design?

Yes, you can use a Flash scroll pane and loader in a responsive design by setting the scaleMode property to exactFit and using percentage values for the size of the component. This will allow the scroll pane and loader to adjust to different screen sizes without distorting the content.