Silvaco Software code or script

In summary: The wavelength can be extracted by changing the mesh in the device to a custom mesh and then running the wavelength command.
shoofeer1
Hi all,

I am doing a project that needs me to design a PMOS transistor with a channel length of 65 nanometers using Silvaco TCAD tools. As you may know, there are examples provided in the software that I am using to customize in order to get the required channel length. So, I have to modify the silvaco Code to get what I want. But the problem is there is no much reference material and it is like shooting in the dark. Could anyone help me and let me know which specific part of the code do I need to change? Please help and I will be forever grateful.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It depends which Silvaco programme you are using. If you are using ATLAS the device should be defined geometrically in x,y, and z. You have to change the mesh to agree with the new device measurements, it should line up with each edge in the device and also anywhere where the doping might change. If you are only changing the length of the gate ( say in the x direction) the mesh will only have to be changed in that direction.
Dont forget to change any doping command to conform to the new size along with any probe statements.

Also the definition of the gate, usually under the electrode command will have to be changed to the new measurements.

Good luck.

sorry to sidetrack here, any expert in Silvaco Atlas here?
I got some question on solar simulation command called beam, it currently read a filed called solarex01.spec but I'm not sure if this is the spectrum for AM 1.5 1 sun, is anyone can verify here? thanks

I'm not sure about the question, and I am no expert, but perhaps this will help.

The beam command is usually defined by the user in wavelength, orientation and origin. Assuming a 3d model the origin must be defined in x,y, and z axis, along with two angle statements (phi and theta) which describe the direction of propogation.
If you are using a 2d model, obviously you onlt need x and y statements and one angle.

For more information you could refer to the atlas users manual which can be found on the silvaco website as a pdf and just use the search function to search that document, alternatively call their customer support helpline...

andy2c said:
I'm not sure about the question, and I am no expert, but perhaps this will help.

The beam command is usually defined by the user in wavelength, orientation and origin. Assuming a 3d model the origin must be defined in x,y, and z axis, along with two angle statements (phi and theta) which describe the direction of propogation.
If you are using a 2d model, obviously you onlt need x and y statements and one angle.

For more information you could refer to the atlas users manual which can be found on the silvaco website as a pdf and just use the search function to search that document, alternatively call their customer support helpline...

hi andy2c, thanks for your reply, i have managed to get it work, the solarex01.spec is a generic file supplied by silvaco, i need to get specific solar spectrum from ASTM to get it done, which I already did. as for the x and y i did read through the manual and manage to get it done. thanks again. yes, mine is just 2d model. not to worry about the z axis.
cheers
Jayko

Anyone knows how to extract wavelength in Silvaco OLED example organicex01.in. I had tried a lot with the codes from LED optoelectronic's etc but nothing works.

1. What is Silvaco Software code or script?

Silvaco Software code or script refers to the computer programming language and instructions used to create electronic design automation (EDA) software for semiconductor and MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) device development. This code is used to develop simulation and modeling tools for the design, analysis, and optimization of integrated circuits and other electronic devices.

2. What are the main features of Silvaco Software code or script?

The main features of Silvaco Software code or script include its ability to simulate and model various electronic devices, such as transistors and interconnects, using different physical models and equations. It also allows for the creation of complex device structures, analysis of device performance, and optimization of device designs. Additionally, Silvaco Software code supports multiple programming languages and platforms, making it versatile and widely used in the semiconductor industry.

3. How is Silvaco Software code or script used in the semiconductor industry?

Silvaco Software code or script is used in the semiconductor industry for device modeling, simulation, and design optimization. It is an essential tool in the development of integrated circuits and other electronic devices, allowing engineers to accurately predict device behavior and optimize their designs for performance and efficiency. It is also used in research and development for new semiconductor technologies and devices.

4. Can Silvaco Software code or script be customized for specific needs?

Yes, Silvaco Software code or script can be customized for specific needs. It provides a flexible and versatile platform that can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of different semiconductor companies and projects. This customization can include the development of new physical models, integration with other software tools, and the creation of user-defined functions for specific simulation and analysis tasks.

5. Is Silvaco Software code or script easy to learn and use?

Silvaco Software code or script can be challenging to learn and use, especially for those without a background in computer programming or semiconductor device design. However, the company offers various training and support resources for its users, including online tutorials, documentation, and customer support. It also has a user-friendly interface for its software tools, making it easier for users to input and analyze their data and results.