Anyone know of high temp epoxy(600-800C) with no outgassing?

• Thread starter izzyadonai
  • Start date
In summary, Israel is new to the group and is looking for an epoxy that can withstand high temperatures of 600-800 Celsius. They are considering a fully oxidized graphene-epoxide and need to be able to roll up a thin layer with a super thin gas-tight layer. They also need to be able to slice it down to 2 mm coins while maintaining structural integrity. Israel has provided a link to a potential solution but is unsure about its low-outgassing requirements and suggests contacting the company for more information.
izzyadonai
hey everyone I am israel I am new here.
I was wondering if anybody knew of an epoxy that could withstand high temperatures between 600 and 800 Celsius? possibly a fully oxidized graphene-epoxide?
i need to be able to roll up a thin layer (lets say 10 to 30 microns) with a super thin layer of the same epoxy (so that it is gas tight) and once it is cured i need to be able to slice it down to possibly as thin as 2 mm coins while maintaining structural integrity. thanks :D

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://masterbond.com/tds/mb600.html

Not sure about the low-outgassing req., contact them for details.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is high temperature epoxy?

High temperature epoxy is a type of adhesive that is designed to withstand extreme temperatures, typically ranging from 600-800 degrees Celsius. It is commonly used in industrial and scientific settings where traditional adhesives would not hold up under such high temperatures.

2. How does high temperature epoxy differ from regular epoxy?

High temperature epoxy is specifically formulated to withstand much higher temperatures compared to regular epoxy. It typically has a higher heat resistance and can also withstand thermal shock and chemical exposure.

3. What is the purpose of using high temperature epoxy?

The primary purpose of using high temperature epoxy is to bond materials together in environments where traditional adhesives would fail due to extreme heat. This could include applications in aerospace, automotive, and electronic industries.

4. Are there any limitations to using high temperature epoxy?

While high temperature epoxy is designed to withstand extreme temperatures, it may have limitations in terms of its overall strength and durability compared to regular epoxy. It is important to carefully consider the specific application and choose the appropriate adhesive for the job.

5. Are there any options for high temperature epoxy with no outgassing?

Yes, there are some high temperature epoxy formulations that are designed to have low or no outgassing. This is important in certain applications where even small amounts of gas release from the adhesive could cause issues. It is important to carefully review the specifications of the epoxy and choose one that meets the specific requirements of the project.