What happened to the pictures on google earth?

In summary, the feature in Google Earth that allowed users to see pictures of places on the map has disappeared since the last update. Some users have found that it still works on certain versions, but there are also some issues with transitions and navigating street view. Double-clicking seems to be the solution for viewing multiple street view images.
Physics is Phun
Ever since I updated the last edition of google Earth (which must have been a while ago now that I think of it) all those nice pictures that people have taken of places and put on panoramio that tag a location on the maps in google Earth aren't there anymore.

I turn on all the different layers and all I get is a bunch of junk info but no pictures!
anyone know where this feature went?? I'm using v4.7

that was my favourite feature of google Earth that you could go to a place and look at people's photos of it!

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Working on my 4.1.7087.5048 (beta) on windows.
Select Geographic web

edit - still works on latest 4.3.7284.3916 (beta)

Last edited:
heh, that seems to have done it! although I swear I already did that...

thanks mgb!

I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view :frown: It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US :smile: (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)

Talking about problems with google earth, is there any way to prevent the aggravating transition from looking down to oblique when zooming in? Most annoying.

Monique said:
I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view :frown: It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US :smile: (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)

The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.

JasonRox said:
The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.
Just clicking didn't work, I tried every key-click combination, which also didn't yield any result, then I tried double-clicking and that did the trick (so it's actually working now).

1. What causes the pictures on Google Earth to change?

The pictures on Google Earth are constantly being updated and changed as new satellite imagery becomes available. This can be due to several factors such as weather conditions, new construction or development, or simply because the previous images were outdated.

2. Why are some areas on Google Earth blurred out or pixelated?

Certain areas on Google Earth may appear blurred or pixelated due to privacy concerns. This is typically done at the request of governments or individuals to protect sensitive locations or personal information.

3. Can I request for a specific location to be updated on Google Earth?

Yes, you can request for a specific location to be updated on Google Earth. You can submit a request through the Google Earth Help Forum or use the "Feedback" feature within the Google Earth app.

4. Are the images on Google Earth real-time?

No, the images on Google Earth are not real-time. The satellite imagery is usually a few months to a few years old, depending on the location and availability of updated images.

5. How accurate are the measurements on Google Earth?

The accuracy of measurements on Google Earth can vary depending on the location and the source of the data. In most cases, the measurements are fairly accurate, but they should not be used for precise measurements or legal purposes.