The B Word: What's Going On Here?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary: So you can call someone an a-hole in a good way? :rofl:being called a dog is very derogatory. B***** just makes the distinction for females. when a man is called a dog, its just a dog, but its still rude. i know when we studied slavery, the comparison between blacks and dogs was really common.So why would girls want to derogate themselves? Do they think they're somehow less important or lie lower than a boy? I haven't noticed males calling themselves dogs, except for few exceptions where this term is commonly used in blacks' society. But anyway still, how femal's behavior is similar to dog's one? It may be so that females think that they
Pengwuino said:
Maybe I am around much more civilized people now-a-days...

Did I mention I go to a rich high school and take a city bus to school everyday? A good portion of my school wish they were gangsters and loud people on busses having conversations gives me an earful of this stuff.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well you go to high school... what can i say...

Gale said:
like i said, its just like the N-word, or loads of other words. Insults, especially ones like N-, B****, yankee, (those are the ones i can think of right now,) they're group-specific. So, you can reverse them and use them to refer endearingly to members in the group, from within the group only. Its not just women using insults backward, its a very common thing. Its not even a new thing, its a very old phenomenon.

when a girl calls herself a B****, i'd say it means "i'm a woman, I'm not afraid to get what i want, and i don't care what you think of me in the meanwhile." all insults have some sort of backward connotation like that. Its like, acknowledging what is generally not liked about your group, and then saying "hey, you don't like it, but I'm proud to be it."

Exactly... If i were to call myself a "B****", or a "N*****" that would be the reason.