Permanent Magnet Motors vs. Non-Magnetic Motors: Which is the Superior Choice?

In summary, the debate between using permanent magnet motors and non-magnetic materials for the shaft/rotor depends on the specific application. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice will vary depending on the needs and requirements of the motor. It is important to research and consider all factors before making a decision. Resources such as Wikipedia can provide helpful information, but ultimately it is important to seek out multiple sources and make an informed decision.
DreamChaser77
Choose between two:

A. Permanent magnet motors( Being the shaft/rotor)
B. Non-magnetic material( Same being the shaft/rotor)

Give me you're answer and a detailed explanation why please!

Engineering news on Phys.org
The answer is: it depends on the application.

russ_watters said:
The answer is: it depends on the application.

Why?
What the difference between both of um?

Have you googled this or checked wikipedia yet? We don't like spoonfeeding here.

russ_watters said:
Have you googled this or checked wikipedia yet? We don't like spoonfeeding here.

I've looked around really didn't find the answered I needed mostly found rubbish on "free-energy"...
It would be nice for you and someones else to help out someone who needs it.

Last edited:
Got the best answers that all say permanent magnet motors are the best choice.

1. What is the best type of electric motor for high power applications?

The best type of electric motor for high power applications is the brushless DC motor. Unlike traditional brushed motors, brushless DC motors use electronic commutation to provide more precise control and higher power output. They also have a longer lifespan and require less maintenance.

2. What is the most efficient type of electric motor?

The most efficient type of electric motor is the synchronous reluctance motor. It has no rotor windings, making it simpler and more reliable than other types of motors. It also has a higher power factor and operates at a lower temperature, resulting in increased efficiency.

3. Are AC or DC motors better for electric vehicles?

AC motors are typically better for electric vehicles because they offer better torque control and can operate at a wider range of speeds. DC motors, on the other hand, are better suited for low speed and high torque applications. However, advancements in technology have made both types of motors viable for electric vehicles.

4. What type of electric motor is best for small appliances?

The best type of electric motor for small appliances is the permanent magnet synchronous motor. It is compact, lightweight, and has a high power-to-weight ratio. It also offers precise speed control and high efficiency, making it ideal for small household appliances.

5. How do I choose the best electric motor for my specific application?

Choosing the best electric motor for a specific application depends on several factors, including power requirements, speed, torque, size, and cost. It is important to consider these factors and consult with an expert to determine the most suitable motor for your specific needs.