Richard Feynman, 1965 Physics Nobel Prize Winner

In summary, a new website, "heyfeynman.com", has been created to honor renowned physicist Richard P. Feynman. The site features articles, lectures, anecdotes, jokes, and other resources related to Feynman, making it a great place for physics enthusiasts to learn and pass time. Feynman is known for his charisma, interesting skills, and being a great teacher of physics. While some argue that Galileo is the greatest physicist due to his use of mathematics in modeling the physical world, Feynman remains a beloved figure. Many praise his books, "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman" and "What Do You Care What Other People Think", as well as his 6 lectures "
feynman82
Heres a new website dedicated to the hero of all physics geeks: Richard P. Feynman.The site features many Feynman articles like his lectures, anecdotes, jokes, stories etc.. other resources like jokes and daily news feed and others make it a good site to kill time or learn some random stuff.
Give it a visit!
http://www.heyfeynman.com" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought Einstein was our major hero.

I dunno, Feynman was pretty awesome. As well as being charismatic and equipped with many interesting skills, he is known as one of the greatest teachers of physics ever.

Galileo has to rank near the top being one of (if not) the first to systematically use mathematics to model the physical world.

kudos to feynman. He's my favourite physicists of all times ! Read his book : surely you must be joking, mr feynman if you haven already.

Favourite engineer : Nicola Tesla

carlz said:
kudos to feynman. He's my favourite physicists of all times ! Read his book : surely you must be joking, mr feynman if you haven already.
Favourite engineer : Nicola Tesla

Feynman's other book, What Do You Care What Other People Think is also a great read. He was a true original. :cool:

I have just finished (as of about an hour and a half ago) "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynmann". It's a great read. Has anyone read his anthology of speeches, "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out"? That's also very interesting.

What Do You Care What Other People Think was good, but kind of depressing, don't you think?

I also liked his 6 lectures "The nature of physical laws".

1. Who was Richard Feynman?

Richard Feynman (1918-1988) was an American theoretical physicist known for his contributions to quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, and particle physics. He received the 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on quantum electrodynamics.

2. What was Richard Feynman's Nobel Prize-winning work?

Feynman received the Nobel Prize in Physics for his fundamental contributions to the development of quantum electrodynamics (QED), specifically his formulation of QED as a theory of interacting quantum particles.

3. What other contributions did Richard Feynman make to science?

In addition to his Nobel Prize-winning work in QED, Feynman made significant contributions to the fields of quantum mechanics, particle physics, and superfluidity. He also developed the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics and made important contributions to the theory of quantum computing.

4. How did Richard Feynman impact the scientific community?

Feynman's work has had a profound impact on the scientific community, particularly in the fields of quantum mechanics and particle physics. His contributions to QED have been described as "the most accurate theory ever developed" and have been used to make predictions that have been verified to an extraordinary degree of precision.

5. What was Richard Feynman's approach to science?

Feynman was known for his unconventional and creative approach to science. He believed in using simple, intuitive explanations to understand complex phenomena and often used diagrams and analogies to make his ideas more accessible. His approach has inspired many scientists and continues to be influential in the field of theoretical physics.