So where can I get The Feynman lectures ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability and potential costs of purchasing the entire set of a physics book series. The conversation also mentions the possibility of finding second hand copies or cheaper Asian editions, as well as the book being translated into many languages. However, it is later revealed that the person's college library has ordered the other two volumes, making it unnecessary to purchase them.
windsupernova
My library only had the first volume, I would love to read them all. Is it worth to buy them?.

Its just that the shipping will be quite expensive to my country.

Physics news on Phys.org
The first two volumes are general physics, the third volume is quantum mechanics.
They are fairly heavy going if you aren't doing a physics degree - particularly they don't cover a lot of the maths background.

There are quite a few editions so you should be able to find second hand copies easily (amazon or abebooks), you might also be able to get cheap Asian print editions (depends where you live)

It was also translated to many languages.

Thanks, it turns out that my college library has just ordered the other 2.

1. What are the Feynman lectures?

The Feynman lectures refer to a series of physics lectures given by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman at the California Institute of Technology in the early 1960s. These lectures cover a wide range of topics in physics, from classical mechanics to quantum mechanics.

2. Where can I access the Feynman lectures?

The Feynman lectures are available online for free through various sources such as the official website, YouTube, and other online platforms. They are also available in book form for purchase.

3. Who can benefit from the Feynman lectures?

The Feynman lectures are suitable for anyone interested in physics, from students to professionals. They are written in a way that is accessible to those with a basic understanding of mathematics and physics.

4. Are the Feynman lectures still relevant today?

Yes, the Feynman lectures are still relevant today as they cover fundamental concepts and principles in physics that are still applicable in modern science. However, some topics may have been updated with new discoveries and advancements.

5. Can the Feynman lectures be used as a textbook for a physics course?

While the Feynman lectures can serve as a supplemental resource for a physics course, they are not intended to replace a traditional textbook. They provide a unique perspective on physics and can be used to supplement and enhance understanding of certain concepts.