Find Free Ebooks on Physics: Quantum Mechanics by J.J. Sakurai

In summary, if you are looking for free ebooks about physics, a good starting point would be the arXiv.org e-Print archive. However, copyrighted books such as Sakurai's quantum mechanics are not available for free and obtaining them without paying for them is illegal. Other resources for free ebooks on physics include McGill Libraries, Wiley InterScience OnlineBooks, and lecture notes from various universities. Some books may also be available for download through a Google search, but be cautious of copyright laws.
hector2010
Where can i find free ebooks about physics ? For example quantum mechanics by j.j.sakurai

Physics news on Phys.org
Sakurai's book is copyrighted, and is not free. Obtaining it in ebook form without paying for it is a crime. We do not condone such activity here.

- Warren

Sakurai himself posted his book as a downloadable PDF on the arxiv. How can downloading and using it privately violate the copyright on the published book?

Er... oops! Sorry folks, I didn't bother to check out the link. Thread re-opened.

- Warren

selfAdjoint said:
Sakurai himself posted his book as a downloadable PDF on the arxiv. How can downloading and using it privately violate the copyright on the published book?

I browsed through but couldn't find it. Could you link me to it?

what about "quantum mechanics:concepts & applications" by noredine zettili? is it copyrighted? if not where can i find it?

Majid said:
what about "quantum mechanics:concepts & applications" by noredine zettili? is it copyrighted? if not where can i find it?

You know,for some time now,there is a search engine called 'Google'.Why don't u try to use it?Type the author & title in the search bar and u'll find out in a couple of seconds if that book's copyrighted or not.

There's not JJ Sakurai QM book on "arxiv". :cry: Probably it was there when i didn't know what internet was...Or most likely it never was...

Daniel.

J.J. Sakurai died long before he could have posted the text on the web. He died in 1983 or so. The book was never finished by him, it was finished by one of his colaborators and published by his wife. It has been revised and a 2nd edition has been published within the past 4 or 5 years I think. If anyone has posted it, it must surely be an illegal copy.

dextercioby said:
You know,for some time now,there is a search engine called 'Google'.Why don't u try to use it?

Daniel.

realy? so wonderful! I love sharp people. i tought i must employ a private investigator to find it for me.
what did you say? goglet? google? :confused:

realy? so wonderful! I love sharp people. i tought i must employ a private investigator to find it for me.
what did you say? goglet? google?

lol. My sentiments exactly!

McGill Libraries - Electronic Books

http://www.library.mcgill.ca/lists/ebooks.html

General Reference
Medical References
History/Geography
Technical References

Links to Wiley InterScience OnlineBooks (Registration may be required)

Characterization of materials
Encyclopedia of applied physics
Encyclopedia of bioprocess technology
Encyclopedia of catalysis
Encyclopedia of computational chemistry
Encyclopedia of electrical and electronics engineering
Encyclopedia of ethical, legal and policy issues in biotechnology
Encyclopedia of imaging science and technology
Encyclopedia of polymer science and technology
Encyclopedia of smart materials
Encyclopedia of software engineering
Encyclopedia of space science and technology
Encyclopedia of telecommunications
Handbook of chemicals and gases for the semiconductor industry
Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology
Reference manual for telecommunications engineering
Ullmann's encyclopedia of industrial chemistry

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get a free e-copy of Sakurai, but you can get these lecture notes that are about the same level:

http://fafalone.hypermart.net/lectures.pdf

There are some shortcomings though, the most noticeable one being the total absence of the SHO problem. Haret Rosu had a e-Books for both classical and quantum mechanics (both graduate level) at the arXiv, but they aren't there anymore.

However, I did download them when they were available and I can email you a copy if you want. Just send me a PM.

Last edited:
they have courant and apostol book online also for free

courtrigrad said:
they have courant and apostol book online also for free
Where? :confused:

://[PLAIN]http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm[/URL] Courant

=:dii.nju.edu.cn/physics/materials.htm [/URL]

Nope,i'm sorry.No link worked for me.But i could direct you both to an alternative for the wolfram site.
Abramowitz & Stegun is online here

The .pdf file is for sale,unfortunately... :yuck: :cry:

Daniel.

try googling "differential integral calculus: kr" and " download apostol calculus" (go to reference materials)

I'm not really eager to dld a book on calculus... :tongue2:

Maybe when i'll start forgetting stuff... :rolleyes:

Daniel.

Nope,it wouldn't connect to the server.Thanks,anyway...

Daniel.

the first googling works

Maybe for you,but not for me.I could't connect to that server.

Daniel.

The first one works; courtrigrad's linked to http://://http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm instead of http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm . I get a TCP error for the second one though (my ISP's fault, I think).

The 2nd one works for me not the first.

Yes,it works for me too.The second,that is.2 bad it's not dld-able,it's only .html pages.You can't dld 100 internet pages... :grumpy:
Any way,i was referring to another website which had .pdf files to many books and was reccomended both by courtrigrad & google.Unfortunately that one failed last night,i'll try it today too & if it's working,i'll let u know.

Daniel.

was that the one with tom apostol and Feynman Lectures?

Yes,i checked again and it wouldn't connect.Too bad,Feynman's lectures would have been a valuable assett.

Daniel.

it'll be up soon i think. this has happened before.

Regarding downloading internet pages:

You can use a PDF writer to convert from HTML. I think there's a way to concatenate multiple PDF files into a single one, but I don't know how to do it.

Anyway, here's the PDF writer that I use:

http://www.pdf995.com/

Just download and install, and then you will be able to create PDF files from any other format by clicking on "Print" and selecting PDF995 as your printer.

Thanks,Tom pretty useful.Though i didn't dld it,coz I've just installed Acrobat Distiller,but it's good to know there's something else out there which would work in Windows,too.

Daniel.

Hi..I'm a student from VietNam...As you know,we have rarely enough books to read.I'm studying Quantum Mechanics..and i find a very few of books.Can all of you help me to find some book on the internet??pdf or doc is ok

Thsnkd in advance

Well,you can make a search on this thread and on the forums in general,i'm sure you'll come up with something.

Daniel.

I found best source so far, on MIT website:

Quantum Physics I - http://web.mit.edu/8.04/www/lecnotes.html
Quantum Physics II - http://web.mit.edu/8.05/handout.html
Statistical Mechanics - http://web.mit.edu/8.333/www/lectures/index.html

kokichi said:
Hi..I'm a student from VietNam...As you know,we have rarely enough books to read.I'm studying Quantum Mechanics..and i find a very few of books.Can all of you help me to find some book on the internet??pdf or doc is ok

Thsnkd in advance

There are some listed here... http://freescience.info/books.php?id=91

If you require notes on advanced topics, you can use the link at the top of the page mentioned above.

<h2>1. What is the best way to find free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai?</h2><p>The best way to find free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai is to search for them on reputable websites such as Project Gutenberg, Open Library, or Google Books. You can also check if your local library has an electronic version available for borrowing.</p><h2>2. Are there any specific websites or databases that offer free ebooks on this topic?</h2><p>Yes, there are several websites and databases that offer free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai. Some examples include arXiv, SpringerLink, and ScienceDirect. You can also search for open access journals that may have free ebooks available for download.</p><h2>3. Can I trust the accuracy and credibility of free ebooks on quantum mechanics?</h2><p>It is important to carefully evaluate the source and credibility of any free ebook, as not all of them may be accurate or reliable. Make sure to check the author's credentials and the publication date of the ebook. It is also helpful to read reviews or recommendations from other readers.</p><h2>4. Are there any copyright issues with downloading free ebooks on quantum mechanics?</h2><p>It is always best to check the copyright status of an ebook before downloading it. Some ebooks may be in the public domain and therefore free to download, while others may still be under copyright protection. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of the website or database where you found the ebook.</p><h2>5. Can I access free ebooks on quantum mechanics on my e-reader or mobile device?</h2><p>Yes, most free ebooks on quantum mechanics can be downloaded and read on e-readers or mobile devices. However, make sure to check the format of the ebook and ensure that it is compatible with your device. Some websites may also offer their own apps for easier access to their ebooks.</p>

1. What is the best way to find free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai?

The best way to find free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai is to search for them on reputable websites such as Project Gutenberg, Open Library, or Google Books. You can also check if your local library has an electronic version available for borrowing.

2. Are there any specific websites or databases that offer free ebooks on this topic?

Yes, there are several websites and databases that offer free ebooks on quantum mechanics by J.J. Sakurai. Some examples include arXiv, SpringerLink, and ScienceDirect. You can also search for open access journals that may have free ebooks available for download.

3. Can I trust the accuracy and credibility of free ebooks on quantum mechanics?

It is important to carefully evaluate the source and credibility of any free ebook, as not all of them may be accurate or reliable. Make sure to check the author's credentials and the publication date of the ebook. It is also helpful to read reviews or recommendations from other readers.

4. Are there any copyright issues with downloading free ebooks on quantum mechanics?

It is always best to check the copyright status of an ebook before downloading it. Some ebooks may be in the public domain and therefore free to download, while others may still be under copyright protection. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of the website or database where you found the ebook.

5. Can I access free ebooks on quantum mechanics on my e-reader or mobile device?

Yes, most free ebooks on quantum mechanics can be downloaded and read on e-readers or mobile devices. However, make sure to check the format of the ebook and ensure that it is compatible with your device. Some websites may also offer their own apps for easier access to their ebooks.