What would tear you apart?

• Thread starter drizzle
  • Start date
In summary: I mean that would bother me way more than not shaking their hand because that's just rude. Though I wouldn't..like hell not! in fact it's even worse than not shaking their hand because that's just rude.
drizzle
Gold Member
ok not literally, but which of these would hurt you the most, or what other could hurt you?

[when you remember a dear person who has gone with no return
when you shake a hand that you know how dirty it is
when you open your eyes on a reality that you don’t want to be in
when you bow to a typhoon so it won’t extirpate you from your place that you care to stay in
when you find there’s no one around you but you!
when you put the most beautiful thing in your life beneath your feet so you rise and reach the top
when you start to let go your dreams one by one..
when you scream with your loudest voice and can’t be heard
when you close your eyes on a sweet dream and wake up on a horrible illusion!
when you feel that you’re the cause of someone’s misery!
when you see your surroundings get polluted and silently sorrow..
when you feel injustice and can’t prove the truth..
when you wear the mask of joy to hide your sadness..
when you stood in front of a mirror and can’t recognize yourself!
when you laugh out loud to coat your weep]

or when you...?

Physics news on Phys.org
Getting caught in my zipper always does it for me.

drizzle said:
when you bow to a typhoon so it won’t extirpate you from your place that you care to stay in

That sounds like it would hurt a lot. Thankfully california doesn't get typhoons.

Pengwuino said:
That sounds like it would hurt a lot. Thankfully california doesn't get typhoons.

:rofl:

you do realize that isn’t a literal meaning of the typhoon

Seeing anything bad happen to my daughter would tear me apart.

I can't deal rationally with deliberate cruelty, either.

when you feel that you’re the cause of someone’s misery!

Can't afford this one.

By my current understanding, as for observing self misery/pain to self is just a part of life and you can't keep running away from it or keep it tearing you apart.

This is the most emo post I've seen in a while on PF. Shaking a hand I know is dirty doesn't bother me. I like wilderness so dirty isn't much of a problem in my mind.

The rest seem like character flaws to be honest.

Yah this is beyond emo. This is physicsforums, not 14yearoldsuicidalemokidforums.

moose said:
This is the most emo post I've seen in a while on PF. Shaking a hand I know is dirty doesn't bother me. I like wilderness so dirty isn't much of a problem in my mind.

Shaking a dirty hand = Shake hands with [let's say] a bad guy

change your mind

FYI: I'm way far from being an emo :wink:

Pengwuino said:
Yah this is beyond emo. This is physicsforums, not 14yearoldsuicidalemokidforums.

not suprised that you're Cy's freind

moose said:

Really? Although I suppose it means dirty as in 'done bad things - eg killed', I would have gone with dirty being, hasn't washed it after going to the toilet or something related to that (if you know what I mean). That does bother me, I mean seriously, you go into a toilet, see someone you know walk away from a urinal, not wash their hands and then offer to shake yours as they say hello, would you?

jarednjames said:
Really? Although I suppose it means dirty as in 'done bad things - eg killed', I would have gone with dirty being, hasn't washed it after going to the toilet or something related to that (if you know what I mean). That does bother me, I mean seriously, you go into a toilet, see someone you know walk away from a urinal, not wash their hands and then offer to shake yours as they say hello, would you?

It might make you think "ick," but would it tear you apart? Just wash your hands after you shake hands.

jarednjames said:

:rofl:

though I wouldn't..like hell not! in fact it's even worse than what I meant:biggrin:

Moonbear said:
It might make you think "ick," but would it tear you apart? Just wash your hands after you shake hands.

Didn't say it would tear me apart, just said it would bother me, as the moose said it wouldn't bother him.
Nah, certainly wouldn't tear me apart, but I wouldn't (and have refused to) shake hands with someone I saw doing that. Disgusting.

I mean come on, the last thing to touch that hand was his...
You're practically holding it. :yuck:

jarednjames said:
Didn't say it would tear me apart, just said it would bother me, as the moose said it wouldn't bother him.
Nah, certainly wouldn't tear me apart, but I wouldn't (and have refused to) shake hands with someone I saw doing that. Disgusting.

You're practically holding it. :yuck:

You never know where that hand shake might lead, I once shook a hand of a man that owned a rock quarry, it was almost black from oil and grease, and hard work. I was in sales back then and when he extended it I did not flinch, he was impressed to no end (which I found out later).

Through a chain of events over 30 years, that handshake has amassed a value close to half a mil.
Moral of the story, be careful who or what, you shun.:wink:

drizzle said:
not suprised that you're Cy's freind

Have you even read anything we've written?

Pengwuino said:
Have you even read anything we've written?

I thought it was like a lovers quarrel:biggrin:

drizzle said:
Shaking a dirty hand = Shake hands with [let's say] a bad guychange your mindFYI: I'm way far from being an emo :wink:

OHHHHH. Dirty hand = shaking the hand of someone I don't respect?

Doesn't really matter to me, I just don't look at them and give them a garbagety handshake. If it's someone I really have something against, there just won't be a handshake.
jarednjames said:
I know enough biology (quite little, but enough) to know that it won't be a problem as long as I make sure to wash my hands at some point after that...

Assuming that OP said that not to take meanings as literal I assumed that shaking hands meant going in agreement with someone who has evil intentions. I never give this much of thought initially.

I also don't understand what OP meant by "tear apart" and how long the thing supposed to "tear apart you". There are many things that can make me sad/give pain (which I understand as the meaning of "tear apart") while I probably will not be emo.

Recent examples:
1) Iran instability
2) Getting sick (just pain in the a**)

Losing job can also "tear you apart" when you have children (who are dependent on you).

RonL said:
You never know where that hand shake might lead, I once shook a hand of a man that owned a rock quarry, it was almost black from oil and grease, and hard work. I was in sales back then and when he extended it I did not flinch, he was impressed to no end (which I found out later).

Through a chain of events over 30 years, that handshake has amassed a value close to half a mil.
Moral of the story, be careful who or what, you shun.:wink:

I have no problems with a dirty hand (oil, grease or dirt etc), I'd find it strange not to in those cases, if you can't handle a bit of dirt that's just plain ridiculous. It's generally the example I gave (in a toilet) where I'd be wary. Aside from that, ignorance is bliss (if they just left a bog I'll give them benefit of the doubt) and dirt as in what you mean doesn't bother me.

moose said:
Doesn't really matter to me, I just don't look at them and give them a garbagety handshake. If it's someone I really have something against, there just won't be a handshake.
I know enough biology (quite little, but enough) to know that it won't be a problem as long as I make sure to wash my hands at some point after that...
If it's someone I don't like, it depends on the reason for my dislike as to whether I ignore them or not (usually don't ignore them but some people deserve it).
I know it isn't a problem wrt the toilet scenario, but just the thought of touching someones hand like that is enough to make me want to not to. See:
JaredNJames said:
You're practically holding it.:yuck:

Last edited:
moose said:

Doesn't really matter to me, I just don't look at them and give them a garbagety handshake. If it's someone I really have something against, there just won't be a handshake...

sometimes life’s a heavy load and you couldn’t bear it anymore. yet, the only [help] you may get is from one person that you knew who s/he really is and how devilish they are..it’s not like you choose to shake hands with them or not [that wouldn’t even bother you], it’s like the only way for you to [survive] is to agree with them or do whatever you may not like to do!

rootX said:
Assuming that OP said that not to take meanings as literal I assumed that shaking hands meant going in agreement with someone who has evil intentions. I never give this much of thought initially.

it's as you get it. besides, what I meant here [this thread] is that every single human being sure have something that would make their life hard to live with/without, not like they will kill their selves but would hurts them emotionally.

I also don't understand what OP meant by "tear apart" and how long the thing supposed to "tear apart you". There are many things that can make me sad/give pain (which I understand as the meaning of "tear apart") while I probably will not be emo.

as I said, would hurts them emotionally. now how long depends on what's it to them! and this isn't even close to be an emo or not kinda talk

Recent examples:
1) Iran instability
that may hurt you slightly [assuming you’re a westerner and just care for others who you don’t personally know…how human you are:tongue:], but a lot if you were Iranian.
2) Getting sick (just pain in the a**)

Losing job can also "tear you apart" when you have children (who are dependent on you).

It’s not losing the job that would tear you apart, it’s not being able to afford your children..don’t you think?:rolleyes:

Moonbear said:

Or else be like our 10-yr-old... after you shake hands originally, pick your nose & eat it, go to the bathroom & don't wash your hands, and then try to shake somebody else's hand.

Well -- M's showing progress. He now seems to be trained to wash after he goes to the restroom. Of course he'll lose this progress when he goes to his birth mom's for two weeks... she doesn't even require he shower unless he feels like it (once a week during his last visit?).

I guess that's what tears me apart. A lot of that work in trying to raise good kids... down the toilet each visit. That, and the fact that P really doesn't get the care he needs there like basic showers even every other day (and indeed her current residence can't even accommodate his electric chair, which has much better seating).

1. What are the physical forces that could tear a person apart?

There are several physical forces that could potentially tear a person apart, including extreme pressure, tension, compression, and shear forces. These forces can be caused by various factors such as machinery, machinery malfunctions, natural disasters, and accidents.

2. Can a person's body be torn apart by their own muscles?

In extreme cases, it is possible for a person's muscles to tear their own body apart. This is known as rhabdomyolysis and can occur when a person pushes their muscles beyond their limits, causing them to break down and release harmful toxins into the body.

3. How much force would it take to tear a human body apart?

The amount of force required to tear a human body apart varies depending on factors such as body composition, age, and overall health. However, it is estimated that it would take around 4,000 newtons (or 900 pounds) of force to tear a human body apart.

4. Can a human body be torn apart without using any external force?

No, it is not possible for a human body to be torn apart without the use of external forces. The body's natural structure and tissues are designed to withstand a certain amount of force, and it would require an immense amount of pressure or tension to cause the body to tear apart without any external force.

5. Can emotions or psychological factors cause a person's body to be torn apart?

While emotions and psychological factors can have a significant impact on a person's physical health, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that they can directly cause a person's body to be torn apart. However, intense emotional distress or stress can potentially weaken the body and make it more susceptible to physical injuries.