Paper on the physics of big bang: what should be included

In summary, the conversation discusses the inclusion of key points in a paper on the Big Bang Theory. Suggestions are made to include evidence such as Hubble's law, the cosmic microwave background, and the abundance of light elements. The conversation also touches on the age and ultimate fate of the universe and how it relates to the amount of matter present. It is mentioned that the abundance of light elements is a good indicator of the validity of the Big Bang Theory. However, there is also a mention of conflicting evidence in the form of the Lithium-7 abundance, which may not align with the predicted baryon:photon ratio.
crazco
i must write paper on big bang theory but i don't really know what should be included. i am from korea and the words are so confusing. maybe if i had a brief outline i understand more better.

thanks physicists

Space news on Phys.org
Well, a good thing to include would be the three biggest pieces of evidence for the big bang - Hubble's law which shows that the universe is expanding, the existence of the cosmic microwave background which shows that in the past the universe was hot and dense, and the abundance of light elements, which shows that the big bang theory indeed can be quantitative predictions. It's hard to say what else should be included without knowing what the scope of this paper is supposed to be.

Most specifications ask for brief description, the evidence as nicksauce says, the age of the universe and its ultimate fate and how this depends on the amount of matter in the universe

thank you herbert and nick

i research it but don't understand that many light elements means big bang true

The point is that if you do the calculations the Big Bang predicts that the normal matter in the universe will be around 22% Helium or so. When we go out and look, this is indeed what we find. Similarly, the big bang theory also predicts the amounts of Deuterium and Lithium well too. This doesn't "mean the big bang is true", but it is good evidence that it is.

1. What is the big bang theory and how does it relate to physics?

The big bang theory is a scientific model that explains the origin and evolution of the universe. It states that the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, and has been expanding and cooling ever since. This theory is based on various principles and laws of physics, such as the theory of relativity and the laws of thermodynamics, to explain the evolution of the universe.

2. What are the key concepts and principles of physics that are relevant to the big bang theory?

Some key concepts and principles of physics that are relevant to the big bang theory include the theory of general relativity, the laws of thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and particle physics. These principles help to explain the expansion, cooling, and formation of the universe after the big bang.

3. What evidence supports the big bang theory?

There is a significant amount of evidence that supports the big bang theory, including the cosmic microwave background radiation, the abundance of light elements in the universe, and the observed expansion of the universe. Additionally, the theory is consistent with other scientific observations, such as the redshift of galaxies and the Hubble's law.

4. How does the big bang theory explain the formation of galaxies and other structures in the universe?

The big bang theory proposes that after the initial explosion, the universe continued to expand and cool, allowing matter to clump together and form stars, galaxies, and other structures. This process is known as gravitational collapse and is governed by the laws of gravity and thermodynamics.

5. What are some current challenges or unanswered questions regarding the big bang theory?

While the big bang theory is the most widely accepted explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe, there are still some unanswered questions and challenges. These include the nature of dark matter and dark energy, the singularity at the beginning of the universe, and the initial conditions that led to the big bang. Scientists continue to research and develop new theories to address these challenges and further our understanding of the universe.