Budget PC for Kids: Finding the Perfect Option for Your 5-Year-Old

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    budget pc
In summary, the best budget PC for a 5-year-old child would be an AMD Sempron, preferably the slowest and cheapest option available. Building the new system around the Sempron would be a good choice, with prices starting at $45 USD without heatsinks/fans and $54 USD with heatsinks/fans on Newegg. Celeron-D is a similar option, but slightly more expensive at $66.50 USD.
Saint
My old PC which is for my son to play educational CD,
hit by lightning and gone!

For a child of 5 year-old, what budget pc is suitable for him?
AMD semtron ok?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I haven't used any Semprons myself but I think the Sempron would be a perfect match for that application. I would buy the slowest/cheapest Sempron I could find and build the new system around that. Newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&catalog=343&propertycodevalue=6355&minprice=&maxprice=&mfrcode=0&DEPA=1&Order=price Semprons starting at $45 USD *without* heatsinks/fans and $54 USD *with* heatsinks/fans.

how about celeron-D ?

It looks about the same to me, except it costs $66.50 instead of $54.

What is a budget PC?

A budget PC is a computer that is designed to be affordable and cost-effective, often with lower specifications compared to more expensive models. These computers are ideal for children as they offer basic functions and features without breaking the bank.

What are the important factors to consider when choosing a budget PC for a 5-year-old?

When choosing a budget PC for a 5-year-old, it is important to consider the durability, simplicity, and safety of the computer. It should also have age-appropriate content and parental controls to ensure a child-friendly experience.

What are the common specifications of a budget PC for kids?

Common specifications of a budget PC for kids include a lower processor speed, less RAM, and smaller storage capacity. These computers may also have a smaller screen size and fewer ports compared to more expensive models.

How much should I expect to spend on a budget PC for a 5-year-old?

The cost of a budget PC for a 5-year-old can vary depending on the brand, specifications, and features. Generally, these computers can range from $100 to $300, but it is important to do research and compare prices to find the best option within your budget.

Are there any recommended budget PCs for 5-year-olds?

There are many budget PCs available in the market that are suitable for 5-year-olds. Some popular options include the HP Stream Laptop, Acer Chromebook, and Lenovo IdeaPad. It is important to read reviews and consider the specifications and features before making a decision.