Libsvm problem in make function with windows7 (64 bit)

In summary, the author attempted to compile LibSVM but failed. He has Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express and wants to build a MEX-file. He verified his choices and tried to build the MEX-file, but failed. The problem appears to be with the make command.
funyhony
i tried to run libsvm several times but i failed, I've visualc++ i do this mex -setup

Welcome to mex -setup. This utility will help you set up a default compiler. For a list of supported compilers, see http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2011a/win64.html

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y

Select a compiler: [1] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

[0] None

Compiler: 1

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Are these correct [y]/n? y

************************************************************************* Warning: MEX-files generated using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 require that Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 run-time libraries be available on the computer they are run on. If you plan to redistribute your MEX-files to other MATLAB users, be sure that they have the run-time libraries. *************************************************************************

Trying to update options file: C:\Users\Mero\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2011a\mexopts.bat From template: D:\PROGRA~2\MATLAB\R2011a\bin\win64\mexopts\msvc100freeopts.bat

Done . . .

************************************************************************ Warning: The MATLAB C and Fortran API has changed to support MATLAB variables with more than 2^32-1 elements. In the near future you will be required to update your code to utilize the new API. You can find more information about this at: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-5C27B9/?solution=1-5C27B9 Building with the -largeArrayDims option enables the new API. ************************************************************************

>> make
D:\PROGRA~2\MATLAB\R2011A\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: '..\svm.cpp' not found.

? Error using ==> mex at 208 Unable to complete successfully.

Error in ==> make at 5 mex -O -largeArrayDims -I..\ -c ..\svm.cpp

the problem in make , it doesn't work at all , i don't know what to do to make libsvm toolbox work

please help me

Physics news on Phys.org
.It sounds like you may not have the necessary files in the right place. Make sure that the svm.cpp file is located in a folder that your compiler can access. Also, make sure you are running the make command from the same directory that contains the svm.cpp file. If you are still having issues, try searching online for more detailed instructions on how to compile LibSVM with Visual C++.

1. What is Libsvm and why is it important in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit)?

Libsvm is a machine learning library that is commonly used for classification and regression tasks. It is important in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit) as it provides a powerful tool for creating and training models that can be used to make predictions based on data.

2. How do I install Libsvm on Windows7 (64 bit)?

To install Libsvm on Windows7 (64 bit), you can follow these steps:

1. Download the Libsvm package from the official website.

2. Extract the files from the downloaded package.

3. Open the Command Prompt and navigate to the extracted folder.

4. Run the command "make" to compile the library.

5. Once the compilation is complete, you can use the library in your make function on Windows7 (64 bit).

3. What are some common issues that can occur when using Libsvm in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit)?

Some common issues that can occur when using Libsvm in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit) include: compatibility issues with the operating system, incorrect parameters being used, and errors in the data being used for training.

4. How can I troubleshoot errors when using Libsvm in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit)?

If you encounter errors when using Libsvm in the make function on Windows7 (64 bit), you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the compatibility of your operating system with the version of Libsvm you are using.

2. Double check the parameters being used in the make function and ensure they are correct.

3. Verify the format and quality of the data being used for training.

4. Look for any helpful error messages and try to address the issue based on them.

5. Can I use Libsvm with other programming languages on Windows7 (64 bit)?

Yes, Libsvm can be used with other programming languages on Windows7 (64 bit) such as C++, Java, and Python. There are also interfaces available for R, MATLAB, and other languages. However, the installation and usage process may vary slightly for each language, so it is important to consult the documentation for the specific language you are using.