Technology for extracting hand-drawing to computer fast?

In summary, the conversation discusses a solution for being able to extract hand drawings from paper or a whiteboard onto a computer quickly and easily. The speaker mentions wanting to add computer written text to the drawings and explains their temporary solution of scanning the drawings, but expresses frustration with the time it takes. They also mention trying to take pictures with their iPhone, but note that the pictures often turn out poorly. The conversation ends with a suggestion to use a program that allows for drawing on paper or a whiteboard while simultaneously typing on a keyboard.
christian0710
Is there a solution for this:
I want to be able to do hand drawings on paper or whiteboard (not digital tablet – it feels different and I don’t like it) then I want to be able to extract that drawing from paper/whiteboard onto my computer rapidly, and be able to add computer written text to different parts of the drawing (because typing on keyboard is faster than writing with pen).

The reason I want it to go digital is that it will be easier to search for the documents when I organize them on my computer by typing in a keyword and pressing search (instead of spending time looking through physical paperfiles).

My temporary solution: Is to scan all my paper drawings, but it still takes a very long time to scan every document/drawing I make, and as a result I just trash my drawings or they get lost in a pile of papers. Taking pictures with my iphone is faster but often the picture is quite shaded/grey.

A program that allows drawing on paper/whiteboard + typing on keyboard simultaniously would be ideal of course :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Try doing the iphone picture, but then once imported just Binarize the image (only black or white pixels) with a high threshold (75%) so that all the light greys become white, and all the text goes to black. This will make the image much more uniform.

I'm not sure what to use for writing text on it, guess you could just use Word.

1. How does technology extract hand-drawn images to a computer?

Technology for extracting hand-drawn images to a computer uses a process called scanning. A scanner captures an image and converts it into a digital format that can be saved on a computer.

2. What type of technology is used for extracting hand-drawn images to a computer?

The most commonly used technology for extracting hand-drawn images to a computer is a scanner. However, there are also specialized software programs and apps that can convert hand-drawn images into digital format.

3. Is the quality of the hand-drawn image affected during the extraction process?

The quality of the hand-drawn image may be affected during the extraction process, depending on the type of technology used and the settings chosen. Some scanners and software programs have options to enhance the image and improve the overall quality.

4. Can technology extract all types of hand-drawn images to a computer?

Yes, technology can extract all types of hand-drawn images to a computer, including sketches, drawings, and paintings. However, the quality of the extraction may depend on the complexity and details of the original hand-drawn image.

5. Are there any limitations to using technology for extracting hand-drawn images to a computer?

There may be some limitations to using technology for extracting hand-drawn images to a computer. For example, some hand-drawn images may be too large or too small to be accurately captured by a scanner. Additionally, the quality of the extraction may be affected by the condition of the original hand-drawn image, such as smudges or imperfections.