I need a 12v switch to respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal

In summary, you need a switch to interrupt a 12v dc current in order to allow the voltage to pass to an accuator.
remy2078
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
remy2078 said:
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.

Welcome to the PF.

What is the source of that signal? How is it being modulated? What receive signal level do you expect from a resonant antenna at your receiver?

This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator

remy2078 said:
This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator

Sure. But you need to answer the questions I asked, in order for us to help you. We need to know a lot more about the RF signal (its source, strength, modulation, etc.).

I can't seem to get that technical data all I can provide is the model and serial number of the source and hope you can find the specific info you need. WS4916 - DSC Wireless Heat & Smoke Detector

For this sort of thing, you'd almost certainly need a receiver from the same company (unless you disassembled one and discovered that the wireless module is just a COTS type module that you can purchase elsewhere).

Unfortunately, the DSC RXL2-433 wireless receiver relay driver doesn't list the fire alarm as a compatible device (though it might still work, even if it's not intended for the application--I'd contact DSC to see if they'd know). Using the DSC RF5108-433 receiver module doesn't output to a user form either (it's for integration into the DSC panel).

Maybe if you backed up a bit and told us what you're trying to accomplish, we can recommend an alternative?

1. What is a 12v switch?

A 12v switch is a type of electrical switch that can handle a voltage of 12 volts. It is commonly used in automotive and industrial applications.

2. What is a 433.92 Mhz signal?

A 433.92 Mhz signal is a type of radio frequency signal that operates at a frequency of 433.92 megahertz. It is commonly used for wireless communication and remote control systems.

3. How does a 12v switch respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal?

A 12v switch can respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal by being connected to a receiver that is able to detect the signal and send a corresponding electrical signal to the switch, causing it to turn on or off.

4. What can a 12v switch be used for?

A 12v switch can be used for a variety of purposes, such as controlling lights, motors, and other electronic devices. It can also be used in security systems, remote control systems, and automotive applications.

5. Are there any safety considerations when using a 12v switch?

Yes, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when using a 12v switch, as it involves working with electricity. This includes making sure the switch is properly wired and insulated, and avoiding exposure to high voltages. It is also important to use a 12v switch that is appropriate for the specific application and can handle the necessary current and voltage.