Need some help (cumulative math problem)

• Thread starter Van Allen
  • Start date
In summary, a cumulative math problem involves adding multiple numbers or values together to reach a final sum. To solve these problems, one should identify the numbers and use a variety of methods such as mental math, written calculations, or a calculator. Common examples of cumulative math problems include finding the total cost, distance, or weight of multiple items. The order of numbers usually does not matter, but some problems may specify a specific sequence of operations. To check the answer, one can use the inverse operation or seek verification from a calculator or another person.
Van Allen
i need to finish this before i move on tomorrow. any help? thanks

Points M and N are the midpoints of opposite sides of paralellogram ABCD. Prove that:
a) R and S trisect diagonal BD
b) R is a points of trisection of AN and S is a point of trisection of MC.

mathcrap.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Try examining the proportions between the triangles BRN, BSC, DMS,DAR

Prove AN||CM and AM = CN. Now go with triangle ABN and CMD. Then compare triangles as Pseudo said like BRN and ARD and then BRN and DSM

1. What is a cumulative math problem?

A cumulative math problem is a type of mathematical question that involves adding together multiple numbers or values to reach a final sum or total.

2. How do I approach solving a cumulative math problem?

To solve a cumulative math problem, you should first identify the numbers or values that need to be added together. Then, you can use a variety of methods such as mental math, written calculations, or a calculator to find the final sum.

3. What are some common examples of cumulative math problems?

Some common examples of cumulative math problems include calculating the total cost of multiple items, finding the total distance traveled during a trip with multiple stops, and determining the total weight of several objects combined.

4. Is there a specific order in which numbers should be added in a cumulative math problem?

In most cases, the order of numbers does not matter in a cumulative math problem. However, some problems may specify a certain sequence of operations to be followed.

5. How can I check if my answer to a cumulative math problem is correct?

You can check your answer to a cumulative math problem by using the inverse operation. For example, if you added numbers to get your answer, you can subtract them to check. Additionally, you can use a calculator or ask someone else to verify your answer.