Looking for some app to capture audio from video

In summary, if you are in need of an app to capture audio from videos, there are many options available. Some popular choices include VLC Media Player, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Audacity. These apps offer a variety of features such as recording audio from specific clips, adjusting audio levels, and exporting audio files in various formats. Depending on your specific needs and budget, there is likely an app that will suit your needs for capturing audio from video.
heartless
Hello guys,
I'm looking for an application to capture audios from videos, best if into .mp3 format. It'd also be great if I can modify quality by myself.
I'd rather prefer it to be free, but doesn't have to.
Thanks,

Computer science news on Phys.org
heartless said:
Hello guys,
I'm looking for an application to capture audios from videos, best if into .mp3 format. It'd also be great if I can modify quality by myself.
I'd rather prefer it to be free, but doesn't have to.
Thanks,
What is the format of the video, e.g. VOBs, mpeg1, mpeg2, avi, or are you looking for something generic?

Formats are different. It'd be best if an application is for various formats, and captures to various formats also. What I'd like, is to capture audios from various lectures and interviews so that I can put them on my mp3 player and listen to while doing some work or riding a bicycle.

Also, if anyone of you knows a program to capture audios at instant, like from streaming files, radios, etc

I think you are looking for something like this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=ffmpegGUI"

"Very simple and fast AC3, MPA/MP2 audio encoder tool. Open WAV, MP3, AVI video, MPG video and convert directly to AC3 or MPA/MP2 audio in one step. GUI for ffmpeg. Extract all files to a folder and run ffmpeggui.exe. "

And it is free! :biggrin:

I am pretty sure it won't work for VOBs (the files from a ripped DVD), you can find several trialware programs to rip these files, or you could convert the VOBs to DivX and then get the sound.

By the way, the videohelp website is one of the best sites for audio/video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm downloading it right now.

Do you also know any nonfree but very good applications of this kind?

heartless said:
Thanks, I'm downloading it right now.

Do you also know any nonfree but very good applications of this kind?

nonfree?
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/"

free?
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm"

Any video editor worthy of the categorization will do this, as well as most mp3 encoders.

Thanks everyone!

Seems to work. What I'd also need is some software to handle sound quality in mp3 files :)

Thanks once again :)

heartless said:
Thanks everyone!

Seems to work. What I'd also need is some software to handle sound quality in mp3 files :)

What do you mean, handle sound quality?

- Warren

heartless said:
Thanks everyone!

I have no idea what you mean.

Easy and nice software for editing audio is:
http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/"
Formally cool edit pro

To encode into Mp3 (variable quality, etc.. maybe this means handle sound quality)
http://lame.sourceforge.net/"

for audio editing i use Audacity (its free) - you can remove noise, change volume, cut and paste, do effects, and encode to mp3/ogg/wav... you can convert to mono, set sampling rate etc.

but I'm not sure if it supports surround.

chroot said:
What do you mean, handle sound quality?

- Warren

Right. Sorry for that. I meant, manipulate sound quality, audio quality, just overall quality of a file played.

//
I did a google search and what I've got to know is that a bit rate and sampling frames are major factors in quality of a sound. This I can do with just any converting program.

Thanks Chroot and everyone out there!

Last edited:
i just installed audacity..but i guess noise removal wasn't that great...!

Is there some way to do it such that it can be done nicely!

If you have a soundblaster sound card, you can just "record what you hear" to a wav file then convert it to what ever format you want. This includes any effects like clean up of the sound, equalization, ... I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi card and it's record utility include recording in multiple formats, such as .WAV, .MP3, .WMA, ... If the video is in a format that the Soundblaster media player can play, you can use the record feature in the media player as well.

For speech, or other vocals, you probably want to compress the volume range (this is commonly done when recording singers for music). SoundBlaster includes a "crystalizer" which appears to be a volume range expander / compressor, but I haven't investigated this yet. If you can compress the vocal volume range, it's usually easier to get rid of background sound, as long as the lowest vocal volume had some room between it and background noise.

Last edited:
i have .wav format only and i fo have many softwares like which show noise removal but doesn't actually do that well...they actually deteriorate the sound quality further...
Actually point is i downloaded some lectures but they have lot of noise and so i actually want to remove all that and just listen voice of lecturer...!

1. How can I capture audio from a video using an app?

There are several apps available that allow you to capture audio from a video. Some popular options include VLC, Audacity, and Bandicam. These apps typically have a recording function that allows you to select the audio source as the video playing on your device.

2. Can I use a free app to capture audio from a video?

Yes, there are many free apps available that allow you to capture audio from a video. Some examples include VLC, Audacity, and OBS Studio. These apps offer basic recording and editing features for free, but some may also have paid versions with additional features.

3. Is it possible to capture audio from a video on my phone or tablet?

Yes, there are apps available for both iOS and Android devices that allow you to capture audio from a video. Some popular options include FilmoraGo, Voice Record Pro, and Video to MP3 Converter. These apps often have simple interfaces and are easy to use on mobile devices.

4. Can I edit the captured audio using the app?

Most apps that allow you to capture audio from a video also have basic audio editing features. This may include trimming, splitting, or adding effects to the audio. However, for more advanced editing, you may need to use a separate audio editing software.

5. Are there any apps specifically designed for capturing audio from online videos?

Yes, there are apps available that are specifically designed for capturing audio from online videos. Some examples include Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder, ClipGrab, and Online Video Converter. These apps typically require you to enter the URL of the video you want to capture audio from and then provide options for downloading or recording the audio.