OrCad Spice - plotting tangent line of curve

In summary, OrCad Spice is a simulation software used for circuit analysis and design. It allows users to simulate the behavior of electronic circuits and analyze their performance. To plot a tangent line of a curve in OrCad Spice, users can use the "cursor" feature and adjust the line type, color, and thickness in the plot settings. OrCad Spice also has a "Slope at Cursor" feature for measuring the slope of the tangent line at a specific point on the curve. Multiple tangent lines can be plotted on a single curve by using the "cursor" feature to place the cursor at different points on the curve and pressing the "Tangent" button for each point.
sayeo87
Hi, I'm having trouble plotting the tangent line on a curve (or the derivative evaluated at a point) in spice. I know how to plot the derivative of the entire curve using the d() function, but I don't know how to evaluate it at a point. Any help is much appreciated!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't use OrCad so I probably can't offer much help. But if you can plot the derivative of the entire curve. Why not just put a marker at the point you want. That will tell you the numerical derivative.

1. What is OrCad Spice?

OrCad Spice is a simulation software used for circuit analysis and design. It allows users to simulate the behavior of electronic circuits and analyze their performance.

2. How do I plot a tangent line of a curve in OrCad Spice?

To plot a tangent line of a curve in OrCad Spice, you can use the "cursor" feature. Simply place the cursor at the desired point on the curve and press the "Tangent" button. This will plot a tangent line at that point on the curve.

3. Can I customize the appearance of the tangent line in OrCad Spice?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the tangent line by adjusting the line type, color, and thickness in the plot settings. You can also change the scale of the plot to better visualize the tangent line.

4. Does OrCad Spice have any built-in tools for analyzing tangent lines?

Yes, OrCad Spice has a "Slope at Cursor" feature that allows you to measure the slope of the tangent line at a specific point on the curve. This can be useful for analyzing the behavior of a circuit at that point.

5. Can I plot multiple tangent lines on a single curve in OrCad Spice?

Yes, you can plot multiple tangent lines on a single curve in OrCad Spice by using the "cursor" feature to place the cursor at different points on the curve and pressing the "Tangent" button for each point. This will plot a tangent line at each point on the curve.