Cliffor group generators - matrix form ?

In summary, the Clifford Group is a group of unitary operators on a finite-dimensional Hilbert space that can be generated by a set of matrices, known as the Clifford Group generators. These generators can be found using the fact that the Clifford Group preserves the Pauli Group under conjugation. There are several resources available, such as books and websites, that discuss the Clifford Group and its generators in more detail.
nulll
Cliffor group generators - matrix form !?

Hello friends,

Someone know where I can found details (any book, paper, url, ...) about Clifford Group generators, in especial the general matrix form? In SU(2) we can manipulate the fact of the determinant is 1 and found the general matrix form, by exemple.. But, about Clifford Group I know that it preserve the Pauli Group under conjugation, but I cannot see how this can help me to found general matrix form of the generators..

best regards,
nulll

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi nulll,

I am a scientist and I can help you with your question about Clifford Group generators. The Clifford Group is a group of unitary operators on a finite-dimensional Hilbert space that can be generated by a set of matrices. These matrices are called the Clifford Group generators.

To find the general matrix form of the Clifford Group generators, we can use the fact that the Clifford Group preserves the Pauli Group under conjugation. This means that if we apply any Clifford Group operator to a Pauli matrix, we will get another Pauli matrix. This property can help us determine the general matrix form of the Clifford Group generators.

There are several books and papers that discuss the Clifford Group and its generators. One book that I would recommend is "Quantum Computation and Quantum Information" by Michael A. Nielsen and Isaac L. Chuang. Chapter 4 of this book specifically talks about the Clifford Group and its generators. You can also find more information about the Clifford Group and its generators on various websites such as arXiv or the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

I hope this helps you in your search for the general matrix form of the Clifford Group generators. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best of luck in your research!

What is a Clifford group generator in matrix form?

A Clifford group generator in matrix form is a representation of the generators of the Clifford group, which is a mathematical group used in quantum information theory. This representation is in the form of matrices, which can be used to perform operations on quantum states.

What is the purpose of using matrix form for Clifford group generators?

The use of matrix form for Clifford group generators allows for efficient and convenient calculations of quantum operations. It also allows for a better understanding and visualization of the generators and their properties.

How are matrix representations of Clifford group generators constructed?

Matrix representations of Clifford group generators are constructed using the Pauli matrices, which are a set of 4x4 matrices that represent the most basic quantum operations. These matrices are then combined in specific ways to generate the generators of the Clifford group.

Can matrix representations of Clifford group generators be applied to any quantum state?

Yes, matrix representations of Clifford group generators can be applied to any quantum state. This is because the generators themselves are universal in nature and can be used to manipulate any quantum state.

Are there any limitations to using matrix representations of Clifford group generators?

One limitation of using matrix representations of Clifford group generators is that the matrices can become very large and complex for larger quantum systems. This can make calculations and operations more challenging and time-consuming.