Electronic Engineering and Computer Engineering Book

In summary, the conversation is about finding online sources for Electronic Engineering and Computer Engineering. The person is specifically interested in electronic circuitry and is looking for recommendations for books in this area. Some suggestions are given, including "Introduction to Electronic Circuits" by Kemmerly and Hayt, "Microelectronics" by Sedra and Smith, and "Computer Architecture" by Rizzoni. The person also mentions finding other expensive books but is unsure if they are what they are looking for.
Stratosphere
Does anybody know of any online source for Electronic Engineering and Computer Engineering? I've only been able to find http://www.ece.mtu.edu/faculty/ljbohman/onlinetext/elint200.pdf"

I suppose a real book would be fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you be more specific, i.e. what areas of EE or Computer Engg are you interested in reading about?

Do you want an introduction to electronic circuits? In my freshman year as an EE undergrad, we used Kemmerly and Hayt (hopefully I got the spelling right). Then we graduated to Microelectronics by Sedra and Smith, and a bunch of other books. I've heard of a book by Rizzoni, but I don't know how it is.

As for computer engg, you probably want to have a look at a book on computer architecture.

I'm actually interested in electronic circuitry. I've found some books out there but I'm not sure that they're what I'm looking for.

Stratosphere said:
I'm actually interested in electronic circuitry. I've found some books out there but I'm not sure that they're what I'm looking for.

Ok, what specifically?

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the difference between electronic engineering and computer engineering?

Electronic engineering focuses on the design and development of electronic circuits and systems, while computer engineering focuses on the design and development of computer hardware and software systems.

What topics are typically covered in an electronic engineering and computer engineering book?

These books typically cover topics such as circuit analysis, digital and analog electronics, computer architecture, programming languages, software engineering, and computer networking.

What skills are necessary to be successful in electronic engineering and computer engineering?

Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in mathematics and computer programming are necessary for success in this field. Strong communication and teamwork skills are also important for working on projects with other engineers and professionals.

What career opportunities are available for those with a degree in electronic engineering and computer engineering?

Graduates with a degree in electronic engineering and computer engineering can pursue careers in a variety of industries such as telecommunications, consumer electronics, computer hardware and software companies, aerospace and defense, and research and development.

What emerging technologies are currently being explored in electronic engineering and computer engineering?

Some emerging technologies in this field include artificial intelligence and machine learning, the Internet of Things, 5G and wireless communications, and quantum computing. These technologies have the potential to greatly impact industries and society as a whole.