E-Reader Request: Get Expert Advice & Reviews

• Thread starter unihiekka
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for an e-ink e-reader that can display mathematical and physical journal articles in pdf format. They are asking for recommendations and opinions on which e-reader to buy, and also suggest sharing pictures of articles with formulas, tables, and graphics. The person also mentions that they have heard negative reviews about the Nook and suggest checking reviews on sites like Amazon. They thank everyone in advance for their help and hope to save others from buying the wrong device.
unihiekka
Hi!

I'm looking for an e-ink e-reader that is able to display mathematical/physical journal articles in pdf. Hence, I would to ask anyone with an e-reader to give their opinion on which ones to buy, and why. I think there are more people out there that wish to have a simple device that can display scientific papers correctly and natively in pdf, but do not know whether they are any good. Maybe post some pictures of pages from articles with formulae/tables/graphics, so we can all see for ourselves? I know that I ask a lot of you, but it would really help some fellow scientists out, and maybe save many the trouble of buying the wrong devices.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think Kindle still has much of the market. I have heard some bad reviews about the Nook. Simply browse and read the reviews on a site like amazon.

1. What is an E-Reader?

An E-Reader is an electronic device that is specifically designed for reading digital books, magazines, and other forms of written content. It uses e-ink technology to mimic the appearance of a physical book and allows users to store and access a large number of books in one compact device.

2. How do I choose the right E-Reader?

When choosing an E-Reader, consider factors such as screen size, display type, storage capacity, battery life, and compatibility with different file formats. It is also important to read reviews and compare prices to find the best option for your specific needs and budget.

3. Are E-Readers harmful to the eyes?

E-Readers use e-ink technology which mimics the appearance of paper and reduces eye strain compared to traditional screens. However, prolonged use can still cause eye fatigue, so it is recommended to take breaks and adjust the brightness and font size according to personal preference.

4. Can I read books from different sources on an E-Reader?

Most E-Readers allow you to download and read books from various sources, including public libraries, online bookstores, and personal files. However, it is important to check the compatibility of the E-Reader with different file formats to ensure you can access all the books you want to read.

5. Do I need an internet connection to use an E-Reader?

While an internet connection is not required to read books that are already downloaded on the E-Reader, it is necessary to connect to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to download new books, access online bookstores, or sync your reading progress across multiple devices.