Whats the difference between t=0 singularity and the singularity in a black hole ?

In summary, there are theories that suggest the existence of another universe within the bounds of a spinning black hole. This idea is supported by the concept of holographic projection of information at the event horizon boundary. However, the existence of singularities, both in the context of T=0 and black holes, is still widely debated and not supported by factual evidence. Some theories, such as LQG and Horava gravity, propose a quantum bounce instead of a singularity. While this concept is better understood for the Big Bang, its implications for black holes are still uncertain.
ugalpha
I just don't see how they can be the same, if singulariity t=0 eventually went all berserk (due to quantum repulsive force perhaps) or whatever other reason like it actually did why is it not happening inside of black holes?

Space news on Phys.org

I believe there are certain theories that say this IS happening inside black holes. Or at least, GR does not forbid the existence of another universe within the confines of a spinning black hole.

This leads to all sorts of neat ideas, i.e. the holographic projection of information at the event horizon boundary could be analogized to say that WE are the 3 dimensional projected image of 2-dimensional information at the boundary of OUR universe.

Nice you just messed up my brain even more with this idea. Gonna go sleep and dream about this holographic projection.

ty sir!

Your question implies the existence of a T=0 singularity and black hole singularities, both of which have no factual basis. As far as I can tell from reading PF, singularities are predicted mathematically but are widely believed to be the result of problems with our cosmo models and related math. All of which makes answering your question pretty dang hard...

A singularity identifies the point where all our models cease to yield sensible results. That is sufficient motivation to seek new models.

But singualrities are resolved into a quanurtm bounce in many quantum gravity models. Main one being LQG but also I think Horava gravity. I read Martin Bojowalds book and its pretty clear to me what they are saying for the big bang. But I still want sure what is supposed tgo be happeneing in balck holes with these models. Bojowald didnt seem keen on CNS in his book.

What is a t=0 singularity?

A t=0 singularity refers to the beginning of time in the universe, commonly referred to as the Big Bang. It is a theoretical point of infinite density and temperature where all matter and energy in the universe originated.

What is the singularity in a black hole?

The singularity in a black hole refers to a point of infinite density and zero volume at the center of the black hole, where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, not even light, can escape.

What is the difference between t=0 singularity and the singularity in a black hole?

The main difference is that the t=0 singularity is a theoretical concept of the beginning of the universe, while the singularity in a black hole is a real phenomenon that can be observed and studied. They also differ in terms of their location and size, as the t=0 singularity is thought to exist everywhere in the universe, while the singularity in a black hole is confined to the center of the black hole.

How are t=0 singularity and the singularity in a black hole connected?

Some theories suggest that the singularity in a black hole is a remnant of the t=0 singularity, as both involve a point of infinite density. However, this connection is still a subject of debate and further research is needed to fully understand the relationship between these two singularities.

What is the significance of studying these singularities?

Studying these singularities can provide valuable insights into the origins and nature of the universe, as well as the laws of physics that govern it. It can also help us better understand the behavior of matter and energy under extreme conditions, such as those found in black holes.