20 Questions: An Intelligence-Testing Game of Yes/No Questions

• Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the Answerer thought of an object, and other players took turns to ask Yes/No questions to him. If they figure it out with less than 20 questions, the Askers win, otherwise the Answerer wins.
What is the consensus on the next question?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have mat 101 class now...Is it commonly seen?

No. (not commonly seen)

Is it mentioned in the previous posts?

Does it have wheels?

lisab said:
Does it have wheels?

Yes.

Enigman said:
Is it mentioned in the previous posts?
I don't get this question. Pass.

Are the wheels propelled in any manner by a motor or engine that is an integral part of the object.

edward said:
Are the wheels propelled in any manner by a motor or engine that is an integral part of the object.
Nope

Do children use it?

edward said:

I didn't really get this question, and I still don't. But, it was *clearly* a smart question, since I didn't anticipate the answer. :-)

All I've got now is land yacht, which isn't as all that uncommon, or, maybe something like the lunar rover, with motors in the wheels? Though, I would consider wheels integral ...

Take us home, Edward!

I was thinking the car/vehicle's engine might be the answer, but the last answered questions are confusing...

MisterX said:
Some of you might be interested in this AI that plays 20 questions.

Not that good. I was thinking about a velvet mite. It asked about 30 questions before giving up. It wrote "Is it a woodloose (insect)?"... The woodloose is NOT an insect, it's a crustacean!
Then it stated that I contradicted its knowledge 5 times:
Does it live in a forest? I answered "sometimes", its thoughts are "No".
Can it jump? I answered "no". Its thoughts are "probably".
Is it boring? I answered "no", it wanted a "yes".
Does it live in the grassland? I answered "sometimes", it wanted a "no".
Can one find it over a desk? I answered "sometimes", it wanted a "doubtful".

Traz 0 said:
I didn't really get this question, and I still don't. But, it was *clearly* a smart question, since I didn't anticipate the answer. :-)

All I've got now is land yacht, which isn't as all that uncommon, or, maybe something like the lunar rover, with motors in the wheels? Though, I would consider wheels integral ...

Take us home, Edward!

Or perhaps some thing like horse carraige, Ox carts, Hand rickshaws, Bicycles...

Enigman said:
Or perhaps some thing like horse carraige, Ox carts, Hand rickshaws, Bicycles...

Those items are all commonly seen, if not necessarily in the west. Which aren't members of the set that fits our previous queries.

Then perhaps we should ask if it is dragged or pushed by carbon based life forms...:what:

Is it a Segway?

lisab said:
Is it a Segway?

I had to Google that term. No, it isn't.

OK so far we have determined that it is a not commonly seen, non self propelled land transport. It is bigger than a microwave and weighs over 10kg. It is not black. It is man made and is smaller than a house.

I don't think that we got an answer to the question in post #21by KC Smallz. For convenience I will repost it here.

Is it used solely for transporting people?

Edit bolded for clarity.

Last edited:
edward said:
Is it used solely for transporting people?
Edit bolded for clarity.
Yes. (But I am not sure . It CAN be used to transport goods as well if one wants.)

Someone mentioned the number of wheels but then never really asked (I think):confused:

LOL OK so does it have fewer than four wheels?

edward said:
Someone mentioned the number of wheels but then never really asked (I think):confused:

Yes.

edward said:

That would be me...
The only thing I can think of is Hand pulled rickshaws...
I really need some coffee :(

I have several guesses here, except all weigh less than 10 kg and/or are not uncommon, i.e. bicycle, unicycle, 3 wheeled baby carriage, pogo-stick, stilts, rickshaw ... uh, a wheelbarrow at a dive bar used to carry out drunks? Is a jet pack used for land transport?

Last edited:
Traz 0 said:
I have several guesses here, except all weigh less than 10 kg and/or are not uncommon, i.e. bicycle, unicycle, 3 wheeled baby carriage, pogo-stick, stilts, rickshaw ... uh, a wheelbarrow at a dive bar used to carry out drunks? Is a jet pack used for land transport?

I thought of an elephant but I don't think government would let us make one if even we could...

Enigman said:
I thought of an elephant but I don't think government would let us make one if even we could...

Well, maybe the Republicans would.

Okay we have spent 14 questions ...I think...so unless anyone has any better questions--- is it pulled by an animal? i.e. except humans.

Enigman said:
Okay we have spent 14 questions ...I think...so unless anyone has any better questions--- is it pulled by an animal? i.e. except humans.

Ah, I dunno. I can't think of any items that would exist in the overlapping section of our Venn ...

I was going to ask if it has any wheels. Just because, maybe we're going down a blind alley.

Traz 0 said:
Ah, I dunno. I can't think of any items that would exist in the overlapping section of our Venn ...

I was going to ask if it has any wheels. Just because, maybe we're going down a blind alley.

The wheels question has been asked and answered. It has fewer than four wheels. Hand pulled rickshaws was mentioned but never asked as a question.

edward said:
The wheels question has been asked and answered. It has fewer than four wheels. Hand pulled rickshaws was mentioned but never asked as a question.

Zero wheels are fewer than four wheels, too, which why I would ask that question.

lisab said:
Does it have wheels?

I_am_learning said:
Yes.

Traz 0 said:
Zero wheels are fewer than four wheels, too, which why I would ask that question.

:sly::sly::sly::sly:

Uh, yes. I didn't actually re-read all of the posts, so, oops. :eek:

Enigman said:

Yes.

Five questions left! So... any guesses? The vehicle is a two wheeled thingy [as it has less than four wheels; three and one seem a bit implausible..] pulled or pushed by an animal...used almost exclusively by humans and not goods...am going to google this one.:D
[Edit:google didn't help :mad:]

Last edited:
<h2>What is "20 Questions"?</h2><p>"20 Questions" is an intelligence-testing game in which one player thinks of an object and the other player asks yes or no questions to try and guess the object within 20 questions.</p><h2>How do you play "20 Questions"?</h2><p>To play "20 Questions", one player thinks of an object and the other player asks yes or no questions to try and guess the object within 20 questions. The player who is asking the questions can only ask yes or no questions, and the player who is thinking of the object can only respond with "yes", "no", or "sometimes". The goal is to guess the object within 20 questions.</p><h2>What is the purpose of "20 Questions"?</h2><p>The purpose of "20 Questions" is to test and improve one's critical thinking skills and ability to ask strategic questions in order to narrow down possibilities and reach a correct conclusion.</p><h2>Can "20 Questions" be played alone?</h2><p>Yes, "20 Questions" can be played alone as a mental exercise to improve critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities.</p><h2>Is "20 Questions" an accurate measure of intelligence?</h2><p>No, "20 Questions" is not an accurate measure of intelligence as it only tests a specific set of skills and does not take into account other factors that contribute to overall intelligence.</p>

What is "20 Questions"?

"20 Questions" is an intelligence-testing game in which one player thinks of an object and the other player asks yes or no questions to try and guess the object within 20 questions.

How do you play "20 Questions"?

To play "20 Questions", one player thinks of an object and the other player asks yes or no questions to try and guess the object within 20 questions. The player who is asking the questions can only ask yes or no questions, and the player who is thinking of the object can only respond with "yes", "no", or "sometimes". The goal is to guess the object within 20 questions.

What is the purpose of "20 Questions"?

The purpose of "20 Questions" is to test and improve one's critical thinking skills and ability to ask strategic questions in order to narrow down possibilities and reach a correct conclusion.

Can "20 Questions" be played alone?

Yes, "20 Questions" can be played alone as a mental exercise to improve critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities.

Is "20 Questions" an accurate measure of intelligence?

No, "20 Questions" is not an accurate measure of intelligence as it only tests a specific set of skills and does not take into account other factors that contribute to overall intelligence.