Who are the greatest scientists in history?

• History
  • Thread starter guitarphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    History
In summary, the conversation discusses various science-related videos and expresses different opinions on them. The speakers mention enjoying videos about Newton, Edison, and Tesla, but also comment on overhyping Tesla and preferring scientists from earlier years. There is also a mention of not being interested in rap but finding the videos entertaining.
guitarphysics
Not sure if this has been posted about already, but I enjoyed this :).

(Although I agree with Newton- I have no idea why they paired him up with Bill Nye...)

This one's good too

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
The Edison Vs Tesla one is my fav :D

I like that one too, it's pretty good. I think it overhypes Tesla a bit though (which is annoying because now whenever I talk to a non-physics person about physics, they usually go "omg Tesla is like the best physicist evar").

I'm not into rap stuff but I found the videos entertaining. I still think that the famous scientists from earliest years are the greatest people in the history. The scientists in the modern world have followed suit.

1. What is "Epic Rap Battles of History"?

"Epic Rap Battles of History" is a web series created by Peter Shukoff (a.k.a. Nice Peter) and Lloyd Ahlquist (a.k.a. EpicLLOYD) that features fictional rap battles between historical figures, pop culture icons, and fictional characters.

2. How did "Epic Rap Battles of History" start?

The first episode of "Epic Rap Battles of History" was uploaded to YouTube in 2010, featuring a rap battle between Darth Vader and Adolf Hitler. Since then, the series has gained a large following and has released over 80 episodes.

3. Who are the creators of "Epic Rap Battles of History"?

The creators and main rappers of "Epic Rap Battles of History" are Peter Shukoff and Lloyd Ahlquist. They also write and produce the series alongside a team of writers, animators, and musicians.

4. How do the historical figures and characters in "Epic Rap Battles of History" get chosen?

The characters featured in "Epic Rap Battles of History" are chosen based on suggestions from fans and the creators' own interests. They also take into consideration characters that have been requested multiple times and those that would make for an interesting rap battle.

5. Are the rap battles in "Epic Rap Battles of History" historically accurate?

No, the rap battles in "Epic Rap Battles of History" are meant to be entertaining and humorous, and are not meant to be historically accurate. However, the creators do research on the characters and events featured in the battles to make them as accurate as possible.