I am typing this fom our new laptop

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, the conversation includes a discussion about someone's new laptop, with details such as the brand, specs, and features. There is also a debate about operating systems, with one person expressing their dislike for Windows and another defending Macs. The conversation ends with a joke about proofreading and a statement about preferring Macs over PCs.
JamesU
Gold Member
and Ilove it! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:

Just keep your hands where we can see them. :rofl:

Ok details now...what kind did you get?

I'll tell you exactly what it says. (in other words, I'm not sure):
I got a Toshiba satellitle M45-S355. Intel pentium M processer (1.96Ghtz) 1024MB DDR SDRAM 100GB (5400rpm) HDD, 15.4'' WXGA display, DVD SuperMulti Double layer drive, 802.11b/g wireless, i.LINK. 1394, Microsoft Windoes XP home

wow, I'm now jealous! Thats a great laptop. sounds like it has a lot of goodies packed into it. I wish I had the cd/dvd burner, like yours, it would make archiving my photo files so much easer.

Sounded great up until that last detail. Windows just ruins the whole thing. :tongue2:

You're going to get spoiled on that one!

yomomma, next time I'm going to go have a bowel movement, I will take my PDA with me and describe everything in great detail to you over PM making sure I also include the doodle of how the thing looks like

yomamma said:
Too bad it doesn't help your typing (You forgot the space between I and love). :biggrin: I was hoping there would be some little error I could point out. You did not disappoint. :rofl:

Those are great specs for a laptop. Enjoy it. :smile:

ditto what moonbear said.

mac sucks, so do any other non-windows systems

Mac : Microsoft :: SAAB : Detroit. That is, some good points, but really a fad for people who enjoy being countercultural, and are willing to acctep higher costs to do it.

A fad? For ones who enjoy being countercultural?

I've been religously using macs for over a decade, and would NEVER give them up over a PC.

1. What model is your new laptop?

The new laptop we are using is the Dell XPS 13.

2. How fast is your new laptop?

The processor speed of our new laptop is 2.7 GHz.

3. How much storage does your new laptop have?

Our new laptop has 512 GB of storage.

4. What operating system does your new laptop use?

The operating system on our new laptop is Windows 10.

5. What are the main features of your new laptop?

Some of the main features of our new laptop include a touchscreen display, backlit keyboard, and long battery life.