Understanding the Law of Conservation of Mass: Answers to Your Questions

• Thread starter MRCHEM
  • Start date
In summary, when matter undergoes changes, atoms are merely rearranged. No atom is created nor destroyed.
MRCHEM
it is said in our book that when matter undergoes changes whether physicaly or chemically, the atoms are merely rearranged. no atom is created nor destroyed. (the law of conservation of mass)

but isn't it that we are made of atom then if I am made up of atom an atom is created when I am born. I am confused please help me

Chemistry news on Phys.org
as i said before, atoms arent created, just recycled.

As the mother eats atoms of <insert whatever food she eats>, some of the atoms are used to build the developing embryo/fetus, and some go to rebuild the parts of her own body that are losing atoms (such as skin cells that die and get replaced). So atoms are just moved around, not created.

Even more simply put:

you - as a newly-created fetus - were created from existing atoms that were eaten by your mother and converted into proteins and other building blocks.

what if i have a big bomb that can blow up Earth then how can atom be rearranged or recycled?

they would be disperesd from the Kinetic Energy that they receive from the Explotiopn and disintigration of the planetary bodyand no you can't create and destroy atoms (unles you go into quantum theory or beond the standard model) you can change atoms using fusion and fision, but this dosent happen in birth

and ic could potentialy happen in the planetary scenario

Yes, you would end up with a bunch of iron and nickel atoms floating around in space.

Along with the rearrangment of atoms from consumed food of the mother, you are the combined result of DNA from both parents. DNA is obviously made up of purines and pyrimidines. Purines and pyrimidines are of course organic compounds. So you see, your atomic make-up was never "created," just the combined result of already existing atomic mass.

DaveC426913 said:
Yes, you would end up with a bunch of iron and nickel atoms floating around in space.

You forgot silicon :rofl:

1. What exactly is "Answer This If You Can"?

"Answer This If You Can" is a phrase that is often used in quizzes, trivia games, or other situations where a difficult question is presented and the challenge is to come up with the correct answer.

2. How can I improve my ability to answer difficult questions?

One way to improve your ability to answer difficult questions is to practice critical thinking and problem-solving skills. This can involve analyzing information, making connections between different concepts, and looking at questions from different perspectives.

3. What strategies can I use to answer questions more effectively?

Some strategies that may help you answer questions more effectively include taking your time to carefully read and understand the question, breaking down complex questions into smaller parts, and using your knowledge and reasoning skills to eliminate incorrect answers.

4. Are there any resources available to help me answer difficult questions?

Yes, there are many resources available, such as books, online courses, and workshops, that can help you develop your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Additionally, seeking guidance from a mentor or participating in group discussions can also be helpful.

5. How can I handle it if I can't answer a question?

If you encounter a question that you cannot answer, do not panic. Take a deep breath and try to approach the question from a different angle. If you are still unable to answer, it is okay to admit that you do not know the answer and move on. Use the opportunity to learn from your mistakes and continue to improve your skills.