Simple Stirling Engine Design for 80°C Temperature - Get Help Now!

• Thread starter leevi27
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary: TEG)In summary, can anyone give me a simple design of a stirling engine that can work 80 degrees Celsius, because I'm having a hard time designing my own stirling engine?
leevi27
can anyone give me a simple design of stirling engine that can work 80 degrees Celsius, because I'm having a hard time designing my own stirling engine.i appreciate all assistance and suggestion for completing my project, thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
need help

can we generate electricity from sauna spa using stirling engine or thermoelectric generator(TEG) device.

help please i really need a answers so that i can begin my project.

Sauna spa? Can you be more specific?

A Stirling engine can be used to generate working energy from heat, however, keep this in mind: all Stirling engines have a chamber that has to be cooled. If the entire thing is placed in a hot environment, it will quickly reach thermal equilibrium and grind to a halt. You'd essentially have to have one chamber sticking out the door.
[URL]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Alpha_Stirling.gif[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Same thing with a Peltier. Think of it as a solid state sterling engine if you want, it will only generate voltage if there is a temperature differential between the top and bottom sinks. I did a similar project making an Ipod charger that used a candle on one side of a Peltier and a CPU heat sink on the other side to generate volts. I then regulated the output to a steady 5v to charge the ipod. (although current is very minimal) I can't imagine how bad the output would be from a hot tub.

i want to design a steam power cycle with thermal efficiency of 40% under the condition that all turbines have isentropic efficiencies of 85% and all pumps have isentropic efficiencies of 60%

@ kaksmet..
sir what i mean is if i can use a stirling engine in a SAUNA SPA or Steam bath spa with the temp. 60-100 degrees Celsius.
because my project is concerning about the temp that is dissipated in a sauna spa.
in sauna spa almost 60-70% of the temp are wasted and only 30-40% are being used.

or i rather use a thermoelectric generator

What is the purpose of your project?

The purpose of my project is to investigate a specific topic or problem and gather information or data to address it.

What kind of help do you need for your project?

I need assistance with various aspects of my project such as research, data analysis, experimental design, or technical support.

What is the timeline for your project?

The timeline for my project depends on the scope and complexity of the project. Typically, it can range from a few weeks to several months.

What resources do you have available for your project?

I have access to various resources such as laboratory equipment, research tools, databases, and scientific literature to support my project.

What are the potential outcomes of your project?

The potential outcomes of my project can vary depending on the results of my research. It could lead to new discoveries, advancements in a particular field, or solutions to a problem.