IC Design: Draw Stick Diagram for D-Latch

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help in drawing a stick diagram for a D-latch. They mention that they know 2 inverters and 2 transmission gates can be joined, but they are having trouble with it and are looking for someone to show them how.
zadero
does anyone know how to draw stick diagram for this D-latch? i know that 2 inverters and 2 transmission gates can be joined, but i just can't get it. can anyone show me how?

Attachments

• D-latch.JPG
    D-latch.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 443
Engineering news on Phys.org
zadero said:
does anyone know how to draw stick diagram for this D-latch? i know that 2 inverters and 2 transmission gates can be joined, but i just can't get it. can anyone show me how?

I did a simple google search on the words from your post, stick diagram for this D-latch, and got lots of good hits. Here is the hit list. Let us know what you come up with!

http://www.google.com/search?source...enUS301US302&q=stick+diagram+for+this+D-latch

1. What is IC Design?

IC design, short for integrated circuit design, is the process of creating the layout and specifications for a semiconductor chip that will be used in electronic devices.

2. What is a D-Latch?

A D-Latch is a type of digital logic gate that can store one bit of information. It is commonly used in memory and storage systems in electronic devices.

3. How do you draw a stick diagram for a D-Latch?

To draw a stick diagram for a D-Latch, start by drawing two vertical lines representing the two inputs, D and CLK. Then, draw a crossbar connecting the two lines to represent the AND gate. Next, draw a horizontal line representing the output, Q. Finally, add two more lines connecting the crossbar to the output to represent the inverter.

4. What are the advantages of using a D-Latch in IC design?

D-Latches are simple and easy to design, making them cost-effective for use in large-scale integrated circuits. They also have a small area and low power consumption, making them ideal for use in portable electronic devices.

5. What are some common applications of D-Latches?

D-Latches are commonly used in memory and storage systems, such as flip-flops, registers, and shift registers. They are also used in data transfer and synchronization circuits, such as bus interface circuits and clock distribution networks.