What is the meaning of 'blogger'?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning of the word "blog" and how it refers to an online diary or journal. The group also mentions the popularity of the term and how it has been recently added to dictionaries. They also mention the nickname of the Blogspot web hosting service and how someone's first post on their blog suggests that they believe the blogger has artificial intelligence. There is also a mention of a humorous first post on someone's blog and a request for an introduction from a blogger.
Saint
can find this word in my dictionary, what does it mean ? :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
A blog is like an online diary/journal. Your first entry suggests that you think that blogger has artificial intelligence.

recon said:
A blog is like an online diary/journal. Your first entry suggests that you think that blogger has artificial intelligence.

Oh I actually laughed pretty loud when I read thsi post and then read the blog. :rofl: :rofl:

Blogger is also the nickname of the Blogspot web hosting service, as in "I use Moveable Type, what do you use?" "I'm on Blogger".

check said:
Oh I actually laughed pretty loud when I read thsi post and then read the blog. :rofl: :rofl:

Me too...that was hilarious ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually ,I heard that the newest edition of an Dictionary has included it.(Trivia:it has been around for only 5 years:the word not the dictionary)

Last edited:
don't forget the PF bloggers
https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php

Last edited by a moderator:
recon said:

:confused: What entry? I didn't see anything there other than an introduction.

Moonbear said:

He meant Saint's introduction on his blog

Moonbear said:

You mean, "other than a request for an introduction".

Which begs the question, who is Saint asking ?

Gokul43201 said:
You mean, "other than a request for an introduction".

Which begs the question, who is Saint asking ?

Oh, okay, now I get it. :biggrin: A little slow on the uptake today.

What is a blogger?

A blogger is a person who regularly writes and publishes content on a blog, typically in an online format. They may also engage with their audience through comments and social media.

What are the responsibilities of a blogger?

The responsibilities of a blogger include creating and publishing quality content, engaging with their audience, promoting their blog, and staying up-to-date with trends and topics in their niche.

What skills do you need to be a successful blogger?

To be a successful blogger, you need strong writing skills, creativity, time management skills, basic knowledge of SEO, and the ability to engage with your audience. Basic HTML and graphic design skills can also be helpful.

Can anyone become a blogger?

Yes, anyone can become a blogger. The internet has made it possible for anyone to create and publish content, regardless of their background or experience. However, to be a successful blogger, one must be dedicated and consistently produce quality content.

What are the benefits of becoming a blogger?

Blogging can have many benefits, including the opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas with a large audience, the potential to earn money through advertisements and sponsored content, and the chance to connect and collaborate with other bloggers and influencers.