Where can I find free physics video lectures?

In summary, a conversation on Physics Forums discussed a resource for physics and math learning materials, found at http://www.learnerstv.com/. The website includes videos on various topics, such as Kinematics and Projectile Motion, and is organized in a useful way. Additionally, a free program for converting YouTube videos to mp3 audio was mentioned, and it was noted that these videos can also be found on Khan Academy's website. Overall, the resource was highly praised and will be put to good use by the participants of the conversation.
Spinnor
Gold Member
Found a nice resource that I don't think is listed in the "Math & Science Learning Materials" section of Physics Forums. It is here,

http://www.learnerstv.com/Free-Physics-video-lecture-courses.htm

Which is from,

http://www.learnerstv.com/index.php

This probably belongs in the "Advanced Physics Learning Materials" sub-section of "Math & Science Learning Materials" section of Physics Forums. I can't post there so feel free to move or delete this post. Thanks!

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
They also have a LOT of school math videos, definitely useful for adult learners, I would say.

Looks great, thanks.

I think all these videos might also be found on YouTube, but its nice to have the list.

I have been using a free program that pulls the audio off of YouTube videos and converts the audio to a mp3 which I listen to while working. The conversion takes about 7 minutes for a hour length video. The program is here,

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

The program added features I did not want but are now gone. Nice to listen to physics lectures while working.

Wow this is great! What I've been looking for for months. Thanks!

That's a GREAT resource! Thanks for posting it! I'll be putting this to good use! :biggrin:

Thanks, great resource. I haven't touched Algebra through Calculus since college (a while ago). After about a week and a half, I've reviewed that whole area.

Actually all those videos(atleast what I checked in random) are embed code of videos from khanacademy.org

But learnerstv.com organised it in a better manner than its source.

1. What topics are covered in free video physics lectures?

Free video physics lectures cover a wide range of topics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics. Some lectures may also touch upon specialized topics such as astrophysics or quantum mechanics.

2. Are there any prerequisites for watching free video physics lectures?

Most free video physics lectures assume a basic understanding of high school level math and physics. Some lectures may require knowledge of more advanced mathematical concepts such as calculus or linear algebra.

3. Can I use these lectures for educational purposes?

Yes, these free video physics lectures can be used for educational purposes such as supplementing classroom instruction or self-study. However, it is important to note that these lectures should not be used as a replacement for a formal education in physics.

4. Who creates and presents these free video physics lectures?

Free video physics lectures are created and presented by a variety of individuals, including professors, scientists, and educators. Some lectures may also be produced by educational institutions or organizations.

5. How can I access these free video physics lectures?

These lectures can be accessed through various online platforms such as YouTube, Coursera, or university websites. They may also be available for download or streaming on certain websites or apps.