The thread killer's thread is dead

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Moonbear, tribdog, and Franzbear were all unsubscribed from the thread before it was killed. Moonbear says she unsubscribed because she was tired of seeing it in her user control panel, tribdog because he was taking care of a pet and didn't want it to get in the way, and Franzbear because he was going on vacation. Moonbear and tribdog suggest witchcraft may be the answer, but Franzbear is against it.

Should the "Thread killers thread" be reopened?

• Total voters
JamesU
Gold Member
The thread killer's thread is dead...

I say we need a new place to post all of our cr@p!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, and I had the kill too. Until that punk Zooby guy went in there and stole it from me. I am currently working on finding out where he lives so I can shoot him :mad:

how could evo lock it?! :mad: :frown: I say franzbear is revived right here and now!

zooby made me do it

I had no choice, here's a copy of the pm I received

Evo, unless the thread killer thread is locked you can expect a visit from some very nasty nocturnally roving purple jellyfish.

Capiche?

:bugeye:

Evo, I saw your zooby made me do it thread! :mad:

Evo said:

Evo, unless the thread killer thread is locked you can expect a visit from some very nasty nocturnally roving purple jellyfish.

Capiche?

very bad evo! you know purple nocturnal roving jellyfish are in this very forum. *looks around* time out for you!

yomamma said:
Evo, I saw your zooby made me do it thread! :mad:
I moved it here since you had already started this thread.

Evo said:
I moved it here since you had already started this thread.
"this thread" is officially franzbear II

It ended with post number 8448, is that a great number or what?

Yeah I have to admit that is a great number. In fact, those 4 numbers are the 4579th, 4580th, 4581st, and 4852nd digits of [tex] \pi [/tex]

we were going for 10,000 :cry:

and you let a zoobie kill it! a zoobie!

Evo said:

Capiche?

You may feel free to unlock Franzbear. I am sending you, at no cost, my patented 'Nocturnally Roving Purple Jellyfish Squisher'; ie one of Zoobie's discarded size-19 shoes duct-taped to a broken hockey stick. It will protect you from anything that he can send your way, all long as you stay alert.

can she unlock the thread? :bugeye: is it possible?

Why can no one pm zooby, I certainly would like to give that *********** a piece of my mind :mad: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

Hmmm, as official thread killer, I believe Moonbear also won a free trip to Disney World and a pair of golden mouse ears. :approve:

Ohh MB killed the thread. Well at least she was there from the start. However!, remember she had help from that cat of hers. Does this not disqualify her?

cronxeh said:
whoa just dug up this info:

"like a chipmunk, can reduce its body temperature to nearly freezing during hibernation and change its heart rate from 350 beats per minute to as low as 4 beats per minute within hours of retiring to its den. "
I had a girlfriend like that once. It didn't last long. :grumpy:

Ahh, it seems that danger has turned this into the new thread. Hopefully this one will not be killed.

for now...zoobieshoe is the official thread killer champion.

and you can't PM him!

May it rest in peace. I must have had a psychic premonition because I unsubscribed from the thread two days ago. Subsconsciously, I must have known the end was near, and witnessing the final moments would have been too much to bear emotionally.

A few words: it was a good thread. It was a large thread. At times it was loved, at times it was hated, but there was no one who felt ambivalent about franzbear. Franzbear touched many lives, and stole many productive hours from corporations and educational institutions all over the globe by luring busy minds and fingers into blissful idleness. We will remember fondly all the silly moments that brought us joy as we honor franzbear with our memories today.

I think it might be appropriate for franz, Moonbear, and tribdog to say a few words.

You were subscribed to the thread mih!? Wow that is crazy, how many emails did you get from it?

im going to need that autopsy report on Franzbear.. in my PM by 9 am tomorrow, pronto :rofl:

NVM...I deleted my post...

so, how can we revive him? witchcraft?

:devil: :yuck: :devil:

yomamma said:
NVM...I deleted my post...
You bugger! I was right in the middle of quoting that when it disappeared! :grumpy:

mattmns said:
You were subscribed to the thread mih!? Wow that is crazy, how many emails did you get from it?
No worries - it was only set for a weekly update email, but I got tired of seeing it appear in my User Control panel under subscribed threads.

cronxeh said:
im going to need that autopsy report on Franzbear.. in my PM by 9 am tomorrow, pronto :rofl:
II've just completed the procedure.

I found that his heart had stopped in his early life (about 7 years old(thread years)) for 18 hours by moonbear, and when he was 16, for twelve hours by me. I uncovered many useless objects in him. he called them "posts" he had many wounds from his terrible treatment. and plenty of "posts" about electroejaculators. I uncovered that he had the flu at the moment of his death, and tests show that he was infected with Btoli several times in his life.

Danger said:
You bugger! I was right in the middle of quoting that when it disappeared! :grumpy:
:wink: always glad to help :wink:

yomamma said:
II've just completed the procedure.

I found that his heart had stopped in his early life (about 7 years old(thread years)) for 18 hours by moonbear, and when he was 16, for twelve hours by me. I uncovered many useless objects in him. he called them "posts" he had many wounds from his terrible treatment. and plenty of "posts" about electroejaculators. I uncovered that he had the flu at the moment of his death, and tests show that he was infected with Btoli several times in his life.

Yep, that sounds about right.

:cry: I'll miss my little franzbear. *puts on black dress and black hat with veil* :cry: At least it was a peaceful death. *sniffle* He's been getting so weak lately, afterall, even yomamma was managing to knock him out cold for hours at a time. I think it was the red clam nightmare that really did him in though; he was already weak from the BToli infection, and I think some of those beavers had rabies, but the man-eating red clam really sucked the life out of him. I'm glad you took care of cleaning up the scene while I didn't have to watch; it would have just been too *sniffle* painful. :cry:

So, is the Thread Killer Thread officially dead? Do we let it slowly sink to the bottom of GD, there to rest for all eternity?

Sure :cry:

That thread sucked. :biggrin: :uhh:

Well, now you guys don't have to lose sleep posting in it.

Evo said:
So, is the Thread Killer Thread officially dead? Do we let it slowly sink to the bottom of GD, there to rest for all eternity?
You can't ask me to make these decisions. I'm too attached to franzbear. If there's even a remote chance of resuscitating him, I...I just think I'd be too *sniffle* emotional to make the rational decision. :cry:

Knavish said:
That thread sucked. :biggrin: :uhh:
How dare you speak badly of the dead! :mad:

Well, now you guys don't have to lose sleep posting in it.
Well, now what am I going to lose sleep over? :frown:

After MIH's touching eulogy, it's hard to go back to the old thread, but what if he's not dead, he's just hibernating!?

We will never know if he will reach 10,000 posts. :cry:

My most heart felt condolences, for the loss of The Thread-killer Thread.
After watching Pet Cemetery, I believe, that things dead, should remain so.