Friend Request that won't die

• Thread starter Office_Shredder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user who has a pending friend request that they are unable to reject. They try clicking the reject button and saving the changes, but nothing happens. The person they are talking to suggests accepting the request instead, but the system is not able to determine which request the user wants to accept. The solution is to go to the manage friend requests window and check the box next to the user's name before clicking the reject/accept button. This successfully removes the pending request.
Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I currently have a friend request that I can't reject. I click the reject radio button, then hit save changes, and nothing happens. What do I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Accept it?

That still doesn't do anything

The system isn't smart enough to know to whom that the accept/reject selection pertains, even if you have but one pending friend request. You have to indicate to which of the potentially many friend requests your accept/reject selection pertains.

Apparently you have one pending friend request that you would like to get rid of. Bring up the manage friend requests window. You should see a check box next to the user who has a pending friend request. Click that check box for that and then click the button that rejects/accepts selected pending friend requests.

Hahahaha! It worked! I thought that check box was just to highlight the guy's avatar or something

Thanks

1. Why do I keep receiving friend requests from someone who I've already rejected or deleted?

This could be due to several reasons. The person may have multiple accounts and is unaware that they have added you before. It's also possible that they are using automated tools to send out friend requests without checking if they have already sent one to you. Lastly, it could be a glitch in the social media platform's system.

2. How do I stop receiving friend requests from someone who won't take no for an answer?

If you have already rejected or deleted the person's friend request, you can block them. This will prevent them from sending you any further friend requests or messages. You can also change your privacy settings to only allow friend requests from people you know or adjust your settings to review and approve friend requests before they are accepted.

3. Is it possible to find out who keeps sending me friend requests?

Unfortunately, there is no way to know for certain who is sending you friend requests. Social media platforms prioritize user privacy, so they do not disclose the sender's information. If the person is persistent and causing issues, you can report them to the platform, and they may investigate the issue.

4. Can someone's friend request keep appearing even after they have deleted their account?

No, if the person has deleted their account, their friend request should not continue to appear. If it does, it could be a glitch in the system or a sign of a fake account. It's best to ignore or block the request if this happens.

5. How do I decline a friend request without offending the person?

You can politely decline the friend request by sending them a message explaining that you prefer to keep your social media connections limited to people you know personally. You can also choose to ignore the request without sending a message. Remember, it's your choice to accept or reject friend requests, and the other person should respect your decision.