Mathematica many objects - where are they?

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter andlook
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses how to draw multiple objects on the same picture using the ParametricPlot3D function. The first code provided gives one object, while the second code is supposed to give multiple objects but does not produce any output. It is suggested to use the Show function with a Table to display all the objects.
andlook
So I want to draw a number of objects on the same picture. The object is defined parametrically:

ParametricPlot3D[{Cos Sin[v], Sin Sin[v], Cos[v]},
{u,0,2Pi,Pi/20},{v,0,Pi,Pi/12}, Axes->None, Boxed->False]

gives one object.

Then

Do[ParametricPlot3D[
{Cos Sin[v], Sin Sin[v], Cos[v]},
{u,0,2 Pi, Pi/n},{v,0,Pi,Pi/n}, Axes->None, Boxed->False],
{n,4,12,1}]

Should give multiple objects. But running this second code doesn't give any output. That is it runs for a second ie running in title box, finishes and I have no picture. The window looks same as before I ran it.

Any ideas why this is not displaying multiple objects?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have access to verify right now, but I believe that Do has no output.

Yes, Do has no output. Use the following:

Show[Table[ParametricPlot3D[...], {n,4,12,1}], PlotRange->All]

1. What is Mathematica's "many objects" feature?

Mathematica's "many objects" feature is a tool that allows users to create and manipulate multiple objects within the software. This feature is particularly useful for scientific and mathematical research, as it allows for the efficient organization and analysis of large amounts of data.

2. How can I access the "many objects" feature in Mathematica?

The "many objects" feature can be accessed by clicking on the "Insert" menu and selecting "Many Objects". Alternatively, users can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + O" to access this feature.

3. Can I create my own custom "many objects" in Mathematica?

Yes, users can create their own custom "many objects" in Mathematica by using the "Insert" menu and selecting "New Many Object". This will allow them to define the properties and functions of their object and save it for later use.

4. How can I manipulate and analyze multiple objects at once in Mathematica?

To manipulate and analyze multiple objects at once, users can use the "many objects" palette that appears when this feature is activated. They can select and apply functions or operations to specific objects, or use the "All" option to apply them to all objects at once.

5. Are there any limitations to the number of objects that can be created in Mathematica's "many objects" feature?

There are no specific limitations to the number of objects that can be created in the "many objects" feature. However, the performance of the software may be affected if a large number of complex objects are created and manipulated simultaneously.