Biochemical Engineering - Heterogeneous Reaction, MM Kinetics

In summary, when evaluating data for an essay on immobilized enzymes, it is important to find a graph that shows the relationship between Thiele's Modulus and effectiveness, rather than simply the one provided in the conversation. This can be found by searching online or through research databases.
gpmattos
I'm doing an essay on imobilized enzymes. I need to evaluate some data i collected, to do that i need a graph that can relate effectiveness and Thiele's Modulus. My problem is that the only graph that i could find was this one: http://imgur.com/aykaMvU

As you can see there's no graduation on the axis and since i have a huge amount of data do analyze i wanted to know if anyone knows where i can find a better plot. I tried to look for analytical solutions to relate effectiveness, Bheta and Thiele's Modulus but since i don't have values for experimental effective diffussivity I'm depending on a good graph.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, the graph you linked does not provide the information you need to evaluate your data. Instead, you should look for a graph that plots Thiele's Modulus (X-axis) against effectiveness (Y-axis). You should be able to find this graph by searching online. Additionally, if you have access to a library or other research databases, it may also be possible to find this type of graph.

What is biochemical engineering?

Biochemical engineering is a branch of engineering that combines principles of biology, chemistry, and engineering to design and develop processes and products using biological systems.

What is a heterogeneous reaction?

A heterogeneous reaction is a chemical reaction that takes place between two or more substances that are not uniformly mixed, meaning they are present in different phases (e.g. solid-liquid, liquid-liquid, gas-liquid).

What is MM kinetics in biochemical engineering?

MM kinetics, or Michaelis-Menten kinetics, is a mathematical model used to describe the rate of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction. It is based on the assumptions that the enzyme and substrate form an enzyme-substrate complex, and that the rate of product formation is directly proportional to the concentration of the complex.

How is MM kinetics used in biochemical engineering?

MM kinetics is used to study and optimize enzyme-catalyzed reactions in biochemical engineering. It helps determine the optimal conditions (e.g. enzyme and substrate concentrations) for maximum reaction rate and can also be used to compare different enzymes for a specific reaction.

What are some applications of heterogeneous reactions in biochemical engineering?

Heterogeneous reactions are commonly used in biochemical engineering for various applications such as bioremediation (using microorganisms to clean up pollutants), production of pharmaceuticals, and food processing. They can also be used to convert renewable resources into biofuels and other valuable products.