The Terrestrial Prototype For The Face On Mars

In summary, the conversation discussed the concept of the Terrestrial Prototype for "The Face On Mars" and its possible connections to ancient Iranian beliefs about epochs of creation and a mythical birthplace for the Aryan race. Additionally, the conversation mentioned the existence of a similar "face" structure in Iran and raised the question of whether it was built for aerial viewing. The conversation also touched on the idea of ancient flying machines and the purpose of monuments seen from an aerial perspective. There was also mention of the Great Wall of China and its impressive size when viewed from an Earth-orbit, as well as the similarity between Chinese and Martian pyramids. The conversation ended with a disagreement about the existence and purpose of the "face on Mars" and the suggestion
Nommos Prime (Dogon)
The Terrestrial Prototype For "The Face On Mars"

http://mactonnies.com/imperative25.html
Could it be??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The Iranian Link Goes Deeper...

"Like the Hopi Indians of North America, the Avestic Aryans of pre-Islamic Iran believed that there were three epochs of creation prior to our own. In the first epoch men were pure and sinless, tall and long lived, but at its close the Evil One declared war against Ahura Mazda, the holy god, and a tumultuous cataclysm ensued. During the second epoch the Evil One was unsuccessful. In the third good and evil were exactly balanced. In the fourth epoch (the present age of the world), evil triumphed at the outset and has maintained its supremacy ever since.
The end of the fourth epoch is predicted soon, but it is the cataclysm at the end of the first epoch that interests us here. It is not a flood, and yet it converges in so many ways with so many global flood traditions that some connection is strongly suggested.
The Avestic scriptures take us back to a time of paradise on Earth, when the remote ancestors of the ancient Iranian people lived in the fabled Airyana Vaejo, the first good and happy creation of Ahura Mazda that flourished in the first age of the world: the mythical birthplace and original home of the Aryan race.
In those days the Airyana Vaejo enjoyed a mild and productive climate with seven months of summer and five months of winter. Rich in wilflife and in crops, its meadows flowing with streams, this garden of delights was converted into an uninhabitable wasteland of ten months winter and only two months summer as a result of the onslaught of Angra Mainyu, the Evil One."

Eeppp.

Sumeria Was Iran?

From Sitchin's site;
http://www.sitchin.com/
"In their texts the Sumerians wrote that the Anunnaki traveled to Earth in groups of fifty. The first team, under the leadership of E-A (“Whose home is water”) splashed down in the waters of the Persian Gulf, waded ashore, end established ERIDU (“Home in the Faraway”). In time, 600 Anunnaki were deployed on Earth and another 300 operated shuttlecraft between Earth and Mars – yes, Mars!"

1937 Photo Of "The Face In Iran"

A Photo of "The Iran Face" (Circa 1937!)
http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/PA/IRAN/PAAI/IMAGES/ASF/11G8_4.html

Oh my! Iran seems to have quite a few "strange" structures, only identifiable from the air.
http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/PA/IRAN/PAAI/PAAI_Surveys.html
http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/PA/IRAN/PAAI/IMAGES/ASF/11G2_72dpi.html

The University of Chicago's site?
Yet NASA compared "The Face On Mars" to a butte in Montana?
Perhaps they should have compared it to "The Face In Iran".

The face exists only in the minds of those who want to see it. You only have to view the 'face' from a slightly different angle and it disappears!

The human mind has an uncanny ability to connect lines, dots, shadows etc to form seemingly familiar shapes, but it's all in the mind. Someone standing right next to you may not see anything at all or may see a completely different shape to the one you see.

What Analysis!

berty said:
The face exists only in the minds of those who want to see it. You only have to view the 'face' from a slightly different angle and it disappears!

The human mind has an uncanny ability to connect lines, dots, shadows etc to form seemingly familiar shapes, but it's all in the mind. Someone standing right next to you may not see anything at all or may see a completely different shape to the one you see.

Thats fantastic mate! (You've ripped-off the standard NASA response, well done!)
So why do you suppose ancient Iranians bothered to build such a structure?
Just for fun, hey?

Funny how some people set up threads and then huff and puff when anyone dares to disagree with them! I also noticed that up until I responded you were the only person to post a reply, and... to your own thread! How sad is that?
Sounds like you are a fully paid up member of the - I only see what I want to see club.
As for NASA who are they?
I'm sure that the ancient Iranians would have had very good reasons to invest the large amount of time and effort necessary in the construction such a structure. But just because it looks impressive from the air doesn't automatically mean that it was built by aliens or by humans to impress aliens.
I suggest you turn away from fairy tales and try examining evidence with an open mind and further, you should try and resist the urge to ridicule those who dare to disagree with you.

It Is An "Aerial" Monument

Posted by berty;
"I'm sure that the ancient Iranians would have had very good reasons to invest the large amount of time and effort necessary in the construction such a structure. But just because it looks impressive from the air doesn't automatically mean that it was built by aliens or by humans to impress aliens."

You're sure they had some good reasons, hey?
Care to share some of them?
I thought not...

The only purpose of such monuments are to be seen from an "aerial perspective". Whether that brings up the questions of aliens or not, well, if you believe mankind had flying machines in ancient times, I guess it doesn't...

Earth or Mars?

If this was an image from a Mars Probe, NASA would tell us it was a "fault-line".
The Great Wall of China (as seen from Earth-orbit);
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMTTHGHZTD_index_0.html

Sort of puts in perspective just HOW IMPRESSIVE the “Face on Mars” really is…

Also 9for anybody interested), put a satellite imaga of the Chinese Pyramids (or any Egyptian ones - besides Giza) next to a probe image of the Pyramids of Elysium (can anybody tell the difference between those on Earth and on Mars)?

Um. About your Great Wall pictures. Turns out it's a picture of a river. http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/great_wall_040519.html
Nice try though.

Not my photos (the ESA's)

Well, a nice lesson for me.

Turns out I can't even trust the Europeans to get basic things right either.

Nice way to dodge the real crux of the matter though, isn't it...?

1. What is "The Terrestrial Prototype for The Face on Mars"?

The Terrestrial Prototype for The Face on Mars is a geological formation on Earth that bears a resemblance to the famous "Face on Mars" feature on the planet's surface. It is located in the Chryse Planitia region of Mars and was first photographed by the Viking 1 spacecraft in 1976.

2. How was the "Face on Mars" discovered?

The "Face on Mars" was first discovered in 1976 by the Viking 1 spacecraft, which captured a photograph of the feature during a routine imaging mission. This photograph sparked speculation and debate about its possible artificial origin, with some claiming it to be evidence of an ancient alien civilization on Mars.

3. What is the geological explanation for the "Face on Mars"?

The geological explanation for the "Face on Mars" is that it is a natural landform created by erosion and other geological processes. The feature is actually a mesa, or flat-topped hill, and the illusion of a face is created by shadows and lighting in the photograph.

4. Has the "Face on Mars" been investigated further?

Yes, the "Face on Mars" has been investigated further by various spacecraft and missions, including the Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, and Mars Express. These missions have provided high-resolution images of the feature, confirming its natural origin.

5. What significance does the "Face on Mars" have in scientific research?

While the "Face on Mars" may have captured the public's imagination, it does not hold any scientific significance. It is simply a natural geological feature that resembles a face. However, it serves as a reminder of the importance of thorough investigation and critical thinking in scientific research and exploration.