Bogus Claim - Obama wants to implement Sharia Law

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Law
In summary: Are you interested in debating whether or not the U.S. should implement Sharia law? Whether your friend is an idiot? Whether Obama is a Muslim? What Glenn Beck's motives are?
Al68 said:
Yeah, that was my point. FDR, for example, probably had more influence on the size and type of government we have today, both by his actions, and his influence over the judicial branch, than any other President this century. That should put him on everyone's short list for either "best" or "worst".

FWIW he does make my list (thought I respectfully decline to state which!). For the purpose of this thread I chose less-contentious ones.

Al68 said:
And while I do care about the corruption of other administrations, it pales in comparison, IMHO.

What pales in comparison to what? What administrations are you saying were more corrupt than the two I gave?

Physics news on Phys.org
CRGreathouse said:
What pales in comparison to what? What administrations are you saying were more corrupt than the two I gave?
Pales in comparison to the damage done by more influential and powerful Presidents, regardless of how corrupt or honest they were. As an example, FDR's legacy, to those that oppose his agenda, far outweighs the examples you gave. And while FDR's administration was certainly corrupt, his legacy stems mainly from things he sincerely believed in.

<h2>What is Sharia Law?</h2><p>Sharia Law is a set of religious laws and principles derived from the Islamic faith. It covers a wide range of topics, including personal conduct, family relationships, and criminal justice.</p><h2>Is it true that Obama wants to implement Sharia Law in the United States?</h2><p>No, this is a false and baseless claim. There is no evidence to support this claim, and it has been repeatedly debunked by fact-checking organizations.</p><h2>Why do some people believe that Obama wants to implement Sharia Law?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why this belief persists. Some people may hold Islamophobic views and believe that Obama, as a former president with a Muslim father, has a hidden agenda to promote Islamic law. Others may spread this claim as a political tactic to discredit Obama or his policies.</p><h2>Can the US government implement Sharia Law?</h2><p>No, the US government operates under the Constitution, which guarantees separation of church and state. This means that no religious law, including Sharia Law, can be implemented as the law of the land.</p><h2>What is the impact of spreading false claims about Obama and Sharia Law?</h2><p>Spreading false claims about Obama and Sharia Law can contribute to Islamophobia and further divide communities. It can also undermine trust in the media and create a culture of fear and misinformation.</p>

What is Sharia Law?

Sharia Law is a set of religious laws and principles derived from the Islamic faith. It covers a wide range of topics, including personal conduct, family relationships, and criminal justice.

Is it true that Obama wants to implement Sharia Law in the United States?

No, this is a false and baseless claim. There is no evidence to support this claim, and it has been repeatedly debunked by fact-checking organizations.

Why do some people believe that Obama wants to implement Sharia Law?

There are a few reasons why this belief persists. Some people may hold Islamophobic views and believe that Obama, as a former president with a Muslim father, has a hidden agenda to promote Islamic law. Others may spread this claim as a political tactic to discredit Obama or his policies.

Can the US government implement Sharia Law?

No, the US government operates under the Constitution, which guarantees separation of church and state. This means that no religious law, including Sharia Law, can be implemented as the law of the land.

What is the impact of spreading false claims about Obama and Sharia Law?

Spreading false claims about Obama and Sharia Law can contribute to Islamophobia and further divide communities. It can also undermine trust in the media and create a culture of fear and misinformation.