Where Can I Find Reliable US Election Results and News Updates?

• News
  • Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, reliable US election results and news updates can be found on official government websites such as the Federal Election Commission and state election websites. Major news outlets such as CNN, NBC, and FOX News also provide reliable and up-to-date coverage of election results. Social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook can be used to follow live updates and breaking news from various sources. It is important to fact-check and verify information from multiple sources to ensure accuracy and avoid misinformation. Additionally, the Associated Press is a reputable source for election results and updates.
Saint
Which website is the best to follow up its results and latest news ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd check this site for the results of exit polls.
http://ap.org/

However, for frequent updates, I'd check a site like www.cnn.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just check the Numbers Thread...we'll have all the numbers up as they are announced.

wasteofo2 said:
I'd check this site for the results of exit polls.
http://ap.org/

However, for frequent updates, I'd check a site like www.cnn.com
I currently have CNN, foxnews, and USAToday open. I'd be very wary of exit polls if you remember what happened last time - pay attention to how many precincts are reporting in each projection.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of a US election results website?

A US election results website is designed to provide up-to-date and accurate information about the outcomes of federal and state elections in the United States. It allows citizens to track the progress of the election and view the results in real-time.

2. How are the results on the website verified?

The results on a US election results website are typically gathered from official sources such as state election boards, news outlets, and election data companies. These sources use a variety of methods to ensure the accuracy of the results, including verifying votes and cross-checking data.

3. Can I trust the information on a US election results website?

While US election results websites strive to provide accurate and reliable information, it is important to note that the results are not official until they have been certified by state election officials. Additionally, the results may be subject to change as more votes are counted or in the event of a recount.

4. How often are the results updated on the website?

The frequency of updates on a US election results website can vary, but most websites strive to update the results in real-time as new data becomes available. This can include updates on election night as well as in the days following the election.

5. Can I access the website on my mobile device?

Yes, most US election results websites are designed to be accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. This allows for easy access to the latest election results, no matter where you are. However, some features may be optimized for desktop use, so it is recommended to use a larger screen for a more detailed view of the results.